The Wild Eric

THE SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE WEEKEND THREAD

3 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

Antman and Avatar which won't be much but it's slowing down MovieMath which is an absolute must watch this week 

Movie Math is already up unless you’re referring to something else

56 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

how many imaxes will suzume get next weekend? doubt any any theater owner would like to part with Mario, but who knows what the contract says

I have tickets for Suzume in IMAX at one of my theaters on Thursday but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pulled for more Mario showtimes lol.

I feel D&D and Scream 6 should've swapped release dates. Think D&D would've had more room, and Scream 6 wouldn't have been hurt as much by Mario being R-rated counter-programming in week 2. Perhaps Paramount thought Shazam 2 was more of a concern than it ended up being.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, datpepper said:

I feel D&D and Scream 6 should've swapped release dates. Think D&D would've had more room, and Scream 6 wouldn't have been hurt as much by Mario being R-rated counter-programming in week 2. Perhaps Paramount thought Shazam 2 was more of a concern than it ended up being.

they kinda did. D&D was supposed to be March 3rd while Scream was March 31st before Paramount moved them to their final dates.

1 hour ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

how many imaxes will suzume get next weekend? doubt any any theater owner would like to part with Mario, but who knows what the contract says

gamers and weebs filling up IMAX screens on back-to-back weekends the cinemas are unsafe again.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

they kinda did. D&D was supposed to be March 3rd while Scream was March 31st before Paramount moved them to their final dates.

I guess I meant switching the dates they went with rather than the dates they originally had. D&D should've been the 10th, Scream should've stayed put on the 31st.

Edited by datpepper

Just watched it. It's no Ratatouille level masterpiece but it was a fun hour and a half for kids and Mario fans, you know, the target audience.

I think critics were too harsh. It's a solid 7.5... Not a bad movie at all. It's not a classic either but giving this a rotten? C'mon, every parent should take their young kids. I feel bad for the kids who won't see it cause their parents think it's terrible. 

It's like telling your kids they can't have cake on their birthday because it lacks nurtition. Let them eat cake.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, datpepper said:

I guess I meant switching the dates they went with rather than the dates they originally had. D&D should've been the 10th, Scream should've stayed put on the 31st.

I get what you mean. Yeah the 10th would have probably benefited D&D more than it’s final date, though I woulda put it in February or even January.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I get what you mean. Yeah the 10th would have probably benefited D&D more than it’s final date, though I woulda put it in February or even January.

There's no way that D&D would have ended up in January. 

I actually think January wouldn't have been bad for it, now that I think about it. Could've opened over MLK weekend like other action-comedies have done (Ride Along, Bad Boys for Life, etc.), then would've had multiple weekends with next-to-no competition. I suppose Avatar 2 was still making money at the time, but there was room for other movies in the marketplace, especially for those who had already seen it and/or Puss in Boots 2 over the holidays.

Edited by datpepper