kayumanggi

ABIGAIL | 04.19.2024 | Universal

I thought this was pretty fun (even with a relatively small crowd, there were a few lines in the film that slayed), though it's a little long for its premise and it's not quite as much fun as Ready or Not or Scream VI.

28 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

how does a movie with 1 location , no expensive stars have a 28m budget , they didn't build the mansion . money laundering ?

above the line. director and producer fees? I'm sure cast got paid a decent amount too. and then days. plus, days = money. all those fights and stunts take days

41 minutes ago, Flopped said:

above the line. director and producer fees? I'm sure cast got paid a decent amount too. and then days. plus, days = money. all those fights and stunts take days

Asteroid City is loaded with real a-list talent and smaller budget , sure almost all working for scale, but who in the cast besides dan Stevens or melissa barrera getting paid

Aside from salaries etc, they also shot on location in Ireland. And because of the strike everyone had to return home and then all go back again. That couldn’t have been cheap. 

I’m still surprised it’s $28m though, unless Radio Silence got a big pay day after the success of Scream 5 & 6. And there are two directors.