Eric Quinn

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

43 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Looks like Netflix released numbers for One Piece like Disney did for Ahsoka. 18.5 million viewers over the 4 day weekend, so they beat Ahsoka at least. Also saw a 15.2 mil number listed for Witcher 3s season 3 4 day debut. Anyone know how this compares to the juggernauts of ST and Wednesday? I don’t think we ever had this kind of data released for those though

https://deadline.com/2023/09/one-piece-you-are-so-not-invited-to-my-bat-mitzvah-netflix-top-10-ratings-1235534346/

However, 18.5M views is not nearly as strong a start as many of Netflix’s more recent series that have made the all-time most popular list. For example, Wednesday boasted 341.23M hours viewed in its first week back in November 2022 — which would translate to about 43M views. Queen Charlotte drew about 148M hours viewed in its first week, which is about 24M views.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

https://deadline.com/2023/09/one-piece-you-are-so-not-invited-to-my-bat-mitzvah-netflix-top-10-ratings-1235534346/

However, 18.5M views is not nearly as strong a start as many of Netflix’s more recent series that have made the all-time most popular list. For example, Wednesday boasted 341.23M hours viewed in its first week back in November 2022 — which would translate to about 43M views. Queen Charlotte drew about 148M hours viewed in its first week, which is about 24M views.

isn't One Piece their most expensive show yet?

• Disbelief 1

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Looks like Netflix released numbers for One Piece like Disney did for Ahsoka. 18.5 million viewers over the 4 day weekend, so they beat Ahsoka at least. Also saw a 15.2 mil number listed for Witcher 3s season 3 4 day debut. Anyone know how this compares to the juggernauts of ST and Wednesday? I don’t think we ever had this kind of data released for those though

Wednesday did 300+ million minutes over 5days

Season 4 of ST did 250 million minutes

One piece season 1 did.140 million minutes

Queen Charlotte had similar numbers

And season 3 of umbrella academy did just under 130 million

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

The Wednesday numbers were just absurd. The tiktok dance memes really instantly sent it into the stratosphere (as massive tiktok trends do) 

3 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

What did cowboy bebop live action do first week?

10 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Netflix has a literal website with views for everything man, it's about a third of the views of wednesday. Like, this stuff is public as far as netflix is concerned, it updates weekly and gives hours watched for the top10.

Edited by JustLurking

8 hours ago, Reddroast said:

All these Numbers are fudged. I refuse to believe this. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The GOAT said:

All these Numbers are fudged. I refuse to believe this. 

Why? These frankly don't even sound strange to me. Especially considering Netflix probably even counts stuff like the episode playing while people read the synopsis and whatnot. And a hell of a lot of people leave Netflix on even just for cute background noise.

Edited by JustLurking

8 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

he's just not getting paid currently, as far as we know , his relationship is not terminated , but given bad robot probably has a lot of staff, JJ will have to pay them or fire them with his money

True but WB got absolutely nothing out of their overall with him. For 250 million dollars! JJ Abrams has so many projects that get announced and never get made it has its own Wikipedia page

And no I'm not just mad that Legends of Tomorrow and to write off Matt Ryan's Constantine because JJ Abrams was making his own version, which also didn't get made by the way

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Sad 1