Eric the IF

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I wonder if Odenkirk is there to talk about the SAG strike. Id assume it's the only thing he's allowed to talk about right?

Maybe Lucky Hank which is an AMC show which has an exemption. Otherwise I'm not sure. 

TBH given actors have been able to promote other things, the talk shows should be okay for the time being. They should try and get Daniel Radcliffe and/or Jonathan Groff given they're in Merrily We Roll Along on Broadway.

19 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

The State is broke. What did these people expect? 

Stop spreading lies about California from your Fox and Twitter bubble you absolute idiotic tryhard. This is Newsom being an idiot more than anything else. 

I swear I see you just parroting the right wing talking points. I'm betting you think big cities are always burning as well.

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 4

27 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

The State is broke. What did these people expect? 

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Stop spreading lies about California from your Fox and Twitter bubble you absolute idiotic tryhard. This is Newsom being an idiot more than anything else. 

I swear I see you just parroting the right wing talking points. I'm betting you think big cities are always burning as well.

California literally went from Record Surplus in 2021 to Massive Deficit in 2022.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

California gotta be the worst state run by Democrats. New York and New Jersey are #2 and #3. There are like a dozen GOP-run states that are worse than it though, thanks to their awful policies.

I wouldn't say it's terribly run, but the tax receipts are heavily reliant on constant stock market and real estate growth. Both of which are receding. 

Edited by The GOAT

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-11-16/california-faces-25-billion-deficit-state-budget-watchdog-says

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, grim22 said:

How are they lies, the state borrowed 20 billion from the government during the covid shutdown to pay furlough.

3 hours ago, darkangelfire said:

To be fair that wasnt really a bargaining power since it would only come into effect in 2024.

This is totally one of the main reasons the WGA got their deal. The studious saw this bill and realized that guild members only have to hold out for three more months and then the studios' bargaining power would be gone.  I now expect the SAG-AFTRA strike to go on much longer because the studios think they can starve them out.

Edited by DInky

2 hours ago, DInky said:

This is totally one of the main reasons the WGA got their deal. The studious saw this bill and realized that guild members only have to hold out for three more months and then the studios' bargaining power would be gone.  I now expect the SAG-AFTRA strike to go on much longer because the studios think they can starve them out.

I don't really think the studios were so worried about this law. This isn't the first time this kind of law is rejected.

Honestly, it's even possible the studios always know this law would be rejected.

It's more likely that studios decided to compromise with the writers, because they don't want to lose any more future seasons.

Edited by Kon