The Wild Eric

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 WEEKEND THREAD

49 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

The PostTrak scores for women (still 35% of the audience, not negligible) are every bit as glowing as they are for men.

I didnt say the ones seeing it weren't enjoying it. 

I said they weren't seeing it in the numbers they once were. Which is objectively accurate.

As pointed out, the same demo split as GOTG2 would have led to a 140m opening weekend.

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose
  • Like 1

Speaking of male : female audience split, I thought that highly skewed male-to-female ratio is already a norm is post-Covid era? I seldom see high female turn out ratio (>40%) nowadays, especially for big grosser. 

8 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Speaking of male : female audience split, I thought that highly skewed male-to-female ratio is already a norm is post-Covid era? I seldom see high female turn out ratio (>40%) nowadays, especially for big grosser. 

No - Wakanda Forever pulled 52-48 male/female, with women 25+ their biggest single demo at 32%...

It's fairer to say that most of the post-Covid blockbuster releases have all been aimed more at men over women...

(Avatar 2 was 56-44 in its OW for the other biggest recent blockbuster)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GambitPool said:

I don't even know if good films will be enough with DC's history and 2 more years into the fatigue. 

They have to feel like event films and I'm not sure if Brave & the Bold can do it with The Batman series running at the same time. 

Way I see it is WB needs to test the waters with the Flash's summer release date. If it gets cannibalized with all tge other blockbusters, they should be thinking about releasing Superman Legacy with less competition. 

They're not going to have Superman in a dead month like September or October. It'll be a summer release.

• Like 1

Talking about Japan

Mario 2nd SAT > 1st SAT 

These things are a rare feat for Hollywood Release here, since Opening Weekend was huge too, bigger than Toy Story 4.

And Now, 2nd Weekend will be Bigger than Frozen II Opening Week (Which was the Biggest Opening Weekend for an Imported Animated Film)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, babz06 said:

It’s not doing sub 100. The marvel fandom is still potent on OW. I think it does around 130m -140m ow, the second weekend drop is what could be nasty. 

We'll see.

5 hours ago, Brainbug said:

I too think The Marvels is pretty much doomed this November. Who exactly is hyped for it? Captain Marvels big success is, in my opinion, much much more Endgame-related than Captain Marvel-related. Ms. Marvel is a show that very few people watched or cared about. What is the hook here? I dont see it and thats why i think it will fall short of even a 80M OW, i see it more in the 60Mish range now.

They had the opportunity to establish Captain Marvel in Endgame; she could have been part of the team, but they reduced her to a cameo. Now it remains to be seen if The Marvels flops and what its effect will be on the MCU. If she is the leader of the Avengers like she is now in the comics, it will have a very bad effect on the next Avengers movies. Haters won't take a minute to make the narrative that no one likes Captain Marvel and that people have rejected the leader of the Avengers. Just like the narrative that Captain Marvel is a bad movie and Brie Larson hates the cast is hurting The Marvels, the narrative that people have rejected the leader of the Avengers will hurt Avengers movies if she is indeed the leader.