kayumanggi

Weekend Thread | May 12 - 14 | Weekend Actuals | 62.01M GOTG III | 12.61M MARIO | 6.68M BOOK CLUB: THE NEXT CHAPTER

Obviously an amazing hold, but I can’t forget that it still opened lower than what was expected a month ago ($130-140M).

Great result anyway.

PS. Gunn breaking down those weekend records is kinda pathetic.

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 2

7 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

Obviously an amazing hold, but I can’t forget that it still opened lower than what was expected a month ago ($130-140M).

Great result anyway.

lol

• Like 12

I just wanna say this May and June are way gonna be way crowded than July. May and June are full of potential Billion dollar movies. July looks like a waste land compared. Unless barbie breaks out big

• Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I just wanna say this May and June are way gonna be way crowded than July. May and June are full of potential Billion dollar movies. July looks like a waste land compared. Unless barbie breaks out big

Mission Impossible

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

Transformers should have been moved to July. It's going to get killed being in the middle of June!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

Great result anyway.

Dude after you insisted it wouldn't have good legs you don't have to keep going on and on about the OW to try to like somehow justify your prior position.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Dude after you insisted it wouldn't have good legs you don't have to keep going on and on about the OW to try to like somehow justify your prior position.

Not true. I said I didn’t see it pulling off a 2.9+ multiplier and for your information only 4 MCU films achieved that.

I wasn’t expecting such a great performance OS I’ll be honest.

Edited by Mr Roark

1 minute ago, Mr Roark said:

Not true. I said I didn’t see it pulling off a 2.9+ multiplier and for your information only 4 MCU films achieved that. 

You did not mean just a 2.9 or above man. 

13 minutes ago, Maggie said:

To be fair Indy5 will make the majority of it's loot in July.

Edited by harry713

2 minutes ago, harry713 said:

To be fair Indy5 will make the majority of it's loot July.

MI7 will be the challenger for Indy when the PLFs get taken, but those first 11 days Indy should rake in bank.

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

Yeah, unlike Puss whose legs were terrible, unfortunately the PVOD release really ended that film.

What was Puss gross without early PVOD?

Exactly.

Need I remind people that The Last Wish is still the lowest grossing Shrek movie despite the so called “great” legs. And sequels tend to do better, but “Rise Of Gru” failed to top Minions despite the huge viral movement and long 7 years anticipation.

Edited by OceanBlvd

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Weekday presales for Guardians in Canada are NUTS. This thing is about to have another strong set of weekdays. Canada also has a 4-day weekend which will help with the drop, even if only slightly.

Hold on to your butts, folks.

I've always loved this time of year. It used to be the official launch to summer movies before they bumped it up to the first weekend in may.

It's a great 10-11 days as we get our holiday weekend, Victoria Day weekend or better known as May 2-4 LOL and of course the weekend after, our friends in the US get their memorial weekend. It's a great time to track thebox office and usually there's some awesome  releases.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

Great result anyway.

Dude can't catch a break...