kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Weekend Estimates | 120.5M SPIDER-MAN: ATSV | 40.6M TLM | 12.3M THE BOOGEYMAN | 10.2M GOTG III

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

For those who've seen Spider-verse 2, rank your top 5 Spider-man movies.

Haven't seen TASM movies in completion and the Raimi trilogy in a hot minute but:

ITSV

ATSV

SM2

NWH

SM1

Edited by Austin
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

The thing about the last two Transformers movies is that I think they were forgetting one thing that made the first three really enjoyable beyond the incredible effects, the 3d, and Michael Bay's frenetic directions style.... And that is they really cast name actors who added so much enjoyment. The first three films and then even into the fourth one with Mark Wahlberg had recognizable faces and each one of them in my opinion at least turned in memorable performances. When you have actors like Tyrese gibson, Bernie Mac, John turturro, John voight, Josh Duhamel, Patrick Dempsey and then of course Megan and Shia, it's a veritable and eclectic collection of character actors who added to the overall enjoyment of the films.

I don't know one name in this new film and I haven't seen much advertising for it. I don't know why I'm supposed to be interested in seeing this film. I'm not going to go see it just for watching Transformers fight again. We've been spoiled and treated too some of the best combat sequences in infinity war and end game. So unless they find a way to top that which they won't, then what's the point of going to see it? Give me someone to root for that I know. Put somebody in the film that I recognize. I think this new Transformers film is going to crash and burn in a spectacular fashion

20 years after the original, TF8 in 2027 brings them all back with Bay directing, 200m ow guaranteed. 

• Like 1

Studio Ghibli President Suzuki then goes on to contrast this minimalist approach with that of an upcoming American blockbuster. “There’s an American movie…ah, I almost said the title out loud, coming out this summer, about the same time [as How Do You Live?]. So they’ve made three trailers for it, and released them one at a time. If you watch all three, you know everything that’s going to happen in the movie. So how do moviegoers feel about that? There must be people who, after watching all the trailers, don’t want to go see the movie [anymore]. So I wanted to do the opposite of that.”

Which American Movie in Summer had 3 trailers??

15 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

“Online film” would be where a huge fan base are very active on twitter, spamming replies and using IMDb/RT etc. It’s a very active film on twitter. Explained by half the audience being aged 18-24, I’d assume. 

So if that's true this should drop off quickly?

5 minutes ago, MattW said:

20 years after the original, TF8 in 2027 brings them all back with Bay directing, 200m ow guaranteed. 

I'd be there, camping out overnight. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, M37 said:

I agree with this a possibility and how it could/would get there, but to project it from OD is a bit … extra.  Like I’m not even ready to say $400M is better than 50/50

Lives up to his name Extra City. :worthy:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

It's actually Mermaid which loses 1/2 and Spidey which loses 1/2 - when you look at PLF charts for this weekend, the two movies about shared them equally...which theaters may have regretted, but those all sold seats and weren't transferable to Spidey...

But don't Spidey and Transformers share the same demographic? 

TLM was 68% women

Natch, heavy female leaning at 68%, with 61% between 18-34, and the largest demo being millennial 25-34 year olds at 35%.

ATSV was 61% men

I'm inclined to believe that Transformers demographics are generally the same as ATSV, which is completely opposite from TLM,

TLM doesnt really have any competition for women until Barbie

Edited by joselowe

2 hours ago, Grebacio said:

What are your Spider Man movies rankings?

Here's mine:

1. Into The Spiderverse

2. Spider Man 2

3. Spider Man

4. Across The Spiderverse

5. The Amazing Spider Man

6. Homecoming

7. No Way Home

8. Spider Man 3

9. The Amazing Spider Man 2

10. Far From Home

SM2

ATSV

NWH

SM1

FFH

ITSV

SM3

HOMECOMING

(GAP)

TASM1

TASM2

9 minutes ago, joselowe said:

But don't Spidey and Transformers share the same demographic? 

TLM was 68% women

Natch, heavy female leaning at 68%, with 61% between 18-34, and the largest demo being millennial 25-34 year olds at 35%.

ATSV was 61% men

I'm inclined to believe that Transformers demographics are generally the same as ATSV, which is completely opposite from TLM,

TLM doesnt really have any competition for women until Barbie

Elemental will be direct competition to Mermaid as a romantic comedy, although how much is still TBD.