SLAM!

Y10 Discussion Thread

16 hours ago, Rorschach said:

@Hiccup23 how's progress going on King of Kings? Since it sounds like the other players don't have any other major projects for this game year, we'll probably wait until that film is posted to close the submission thread.

Hey hey!! I am going to try to knock it out tonight but if not then Friday. I’ll give myself a Saturday deadline. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/28/2024 at 4:37 PM, Hiccup23 said:

Hey hey!! I am going to try to knock it out tonight but if not then Friday. I’ll give myself a Saturday deadline. 

It’s Sunday today. Do you still need a bit more time, because you could turn it in today or tomorrow.

• Like 2

@Hiccup23 You could move Ping to July 3rd vs July 10th. The Furby Movie, another animated family film opens that same weekend Ping is on but a Fourth of July opener could use a family film. July 31st is an option as the Wii movies aren’t that big, and July 24th has GLC3, which even though it’s likely going to be the biggest opener of Y10, it’s a PG-13 action blockbuster and not direct competition. 

August 7th is an option too but you’d face Titania’s Journey next week.

Edited by YM!

35 minutes ago, YM! said:

@Hiccup23 You could move Ping to July 3rd vs July 10th. The Furby Movie, another animated family film opens that same weekend Ping is on but a Fourth of July opener could use a family film. July 31st is an option as the Wii movies aren’t that big, and July 24th has GLC3, which even though it’s likely going to be the biggest opener of Y10, it’s a PG-13 action blockbuster and not direct competition. 

With the schedule not updated it is hard to know what weekends to beef up! I can turn out a filler or two tonight if you wanna give me a week or two that are dead. I'll move Ping to a Wednesday opening to create more fun ;) 

• Like 2

On 12/30/2023 at 12:28 PM, MCKillswitch123 said:

Y10 Organized Schedule

Reveal hidden contents

@Hiccup23 This is the up-to-date schedule for your reference. We'll get one of the mods to Copy and Paste it in place of @SLAM!'s original post when we close the thread sometime tomorrow.

• Like 2

Thank you to @MCKillswitch123 for keeping track of this year's schedule and to @YM! for helping to finalize it. Also, a special thank you to our wonderful forum moderator @Eric Atreides for inserting the completed schedule into the original main post for everyone to easily access and navigate.

But most of all, thank you to everyone who participated in Y10 (@SLAM!, @Hiccup23, @cookie@Reddroast,@lamamama, @El Squibbonator, @tyson67roberts) and for your patience in seeing through the completion of both halves of the year. This was, without a doubt, a challenging year, with a few long-time players exiting the game and irl commitments taking priority for everyone, resulting in a pretty thin first half. We recognize that the past couple of game years have gradually gotten longer and longer, but going forward, we are dedicated to keeping this game moving at a more reasonable pace. 

However, major kudos to everyone who pulled through to deliver a stellar second half to Y10. Thanks to y'all, we closed the year off with a packed total of 83 films, our highest since Y6, ending the final year of this completed first decade of Cayom on a high note. As someone who has been around since the end of the second iteration of the game and the beginning of this new iteration, it's surreal to think that we've reached this point.

But none of it would've been possible without you guys or any of our wonderful past players (@SLAM!, @4815162342, @Blankments, @Alpha, @Ezen Baklattan, @Ethan Hunt@Xillix, @Bastien, plus anyone else who I'm forgetting). I can only speak for myself, but having played for nearly a decade now (god, I feel old lol), this game means a lot to me, and I know wouldn't be the person I am today without it. I don't know what the future holds in store for this, but I know for certain I'll continue to participate for however long it continues. 

With that all said, once again, thank you to everyone who contributed this year. And to repeat what @MCKillswitch123 said, with the official closing of Part 1, we may now move on to Part 2 of this game year – reviews and box office predictions. Happy reading to all!

• Like 2
  • Heart 4

2 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Thank you to @MCKillswitch123 for keeping track of this year's schedule and to @YM! for helping to finalize it. Also, a special thank you to our wonderful forum moderator @Eric Atreides for inserting the completed schedule into the original main post for everyone to easily access and navigate.

But most of all, thank you to everyone who participated in Y10 (@SLAM!, @Hiccup23, @cookie@Reddroast,@lamamama, @El Squibbonator, @tyson67roberts) and for your patience in seeing through the completion of both halves of the year. This was, without a doubt, a challenging year, with a few long-time players exiting the game and irl commitments taking priority for everyone, resulting in a pretty thin first half. We recognize that the past couple of game years have gradually gotten longer and longer, but going forward, we are dedicated to keeping this game moving at a more reasonable pace. 

However, major kudos to everyone who pulled through to deliver a stellar second half to Y10. Thanks to y'all, we closed the year off with a packed total of 83 films, our highest since Y6, ending the final year of this completed first decade of Cayom on a high note. As someone who has been around since the end of the second iteration of the game and the beginning of this new iteration, it's surreal to think that we've reached this point.

But none of it would've been possible without you guys or any of our wonderful past players (@SLAM!, @4815162342, @Blankments, @Alpha, @Ezen Baklattan, @Ethan Hunt@Xillix, @Bastien, plus anyone else who I'm forgetting). I can only speak for myself, but having played for nearly a decade now (god, I feel old lol), this game means a lot to me, and I know wouldn't be the person I am today without it. I don't know what the future holds in store for this, but I know for certain I'll continue to participate for however long it continues. 

With that all said, once again, thank you to everyone who contributed this year. And to repeat what @MCKillswitch123 said, with the official closing of Part 1, we may now move on to Part 2 of this game year – reviews and box office predictions. Happy reading to all!

Echo everything Rory said, thank you to everyone who has been pulling hard strings to keep this game - which is more than a game: it's a creative community where we all get to share our love of storytelling with one geek after another lol - alive and well, especially given the strain of players who were unable to commit for any longer. Hopefully, it goes on for years and years. Bravo everyone.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

46 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Echo everything Rory said, thank you to everyone who has been pulling hard strings to keep this game - which is more than a game: it's a creative community where we all get to share our love of storytelling with one geek after another lol - alive and well, especially given the strain of players who were unable to commit for any longer. Hopefully, it goes on for years and years. Bravo everyone.

Ditto what both of y'all said. I stumbled upon this game by accident Y2 of 3.0. during my last year of high school and fell in love with this game. It not only helped me with a hobby I am passionate about but was able to build a community, build friendships with a lot of players in the game and rediscover my love for creative writing. Though am currently working on my master's degree in the sciences, a dream I had as a kid was to be a screenwriter and director and CAYOM is letting me live it somewhat. I plan to be in this game as long as I possibly can and look forward to another decade.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

4 hours ago, Rorschach said:

Thanks for the lovely post, Rory. I do miss this game and hope I can carve out time to return in whatever capacity, but I'm grateful to everyone for keeping this little corner of creativity alive.

• Heart 4

Hey all, I hope all is well. June has just started and it’s been a while since Y10 has been active outside of Magazine updates and was just curious where everyone is at currently.

1 hour ago, El Squibbonator said:

When are submissions for Y11 going to open?

Once Y10 is completed. We're still waiting for reviews to be finished so that we can move on to the box office and Oscars portion of the game year.