Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Transformers $25.6M FRI

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

While it's on the low end where we hoped it would be based on its Friday, it's still very impressive for $100M+ opener to drop under 60% when facing direct competition and losing PLFs.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

It is "weird" to see NA outgross China for a Transformer movie.

Likewise, Fast X is making more money in NA than in China, something that have not been happening since F6. But I guess this is new reality that finally China is running out of steam for Hollywood

5 hours ago, Willowra said:

I agree with you, Feige has made Spider-Man bigger than even Avengers by ignoring Avengers franchise in phase 4 & 5. Spider-Man drags down every project that comes close to it. Shang-Chi, Eternals, and Matrix were released close to NWH, and NWH took audiences away from all these movies. Two of these three flopped, and SC barely broke even. The same story repeated itself again in 2023, with SV released close to TLM, Transformers, and The Flash, dragging down all these movies. Even a Batman movie will flop or underperform if WB releases it close to a Spider-Man movie.

I really don't think that this is what i had in mind when i commented that.

16 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

I support Paramount's fudging this week

JYyMZjm.png

But really we know that the other 9 movies barely matter in the face of all important Kandahar