Eric Prime

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

6 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

And since I’m a benevolent god, a little bit of a Marvel tease that might actually turn out to be true. Apparently my prayers will finally be answered.

Mister @Durden, do you have anything to share with the class?

If it's live action, more Hailee Stanfeld as Kate Bishop is a good thing.

We enjoyed The Flash well enough.  Probably a 7/10 type of movie.  Keaton was a blast.  Ezra Miller did a really good job with what he was assigned to do here.  

There's quite a few heartfelt scenes throughout.   I can see why it was getting some hype but there's also issues.  The CGI isn't good, although it's more noticeable in some scenes than others.  

The third act is a little too convoluted for my liking as well but I wouldn't say "bad" 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

And since I’m a benevolent god, a little bit of a Marvel tease that might actually turn out to be true. Apparently my prayers will finally be answered.

Mister @Durden, do you have anything to share with the class?

I don't want Young Avengers as I don't trust Feige to make it gay enough.

• Like 2

Just now, YM! said:

I don't want Young Avengers as I don't trust Feige to make it gay enough.

I trust them. Now I need to know if this is a series or a film. Also incredibly torn on what the best approach would be. I’m intrigued by what a Young Avengers would be:

Kate Bishop

Ms. Marvel

America Chavez

Wiccan

Speed

Patriot

Stature

Iron Lad?

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I trust them. Now I need to know if this is a series or a film. Also incredibly torn on what the best approach would be. I’m intrigued by what a Young Avengers would be:

Kate Bishop

Ms. Marvel

America Chavez

Wiccan

Speed

Patriot

Stature

Iron Lad?

Call me back when a Disney movie has better LGBTQ representation than Disney Channel shows. At best, we will get a kiss between Wiccan and Hulkling that can be edited out with a few scenes. I trust Marvel somewhat more than most other franchises for representation but only to a certain point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Kate Bishop

Ms. Marvel

America Chavez

Wiccan

Speed

Patriot

Stature

Iron Lad?

Can I switch universes? How could WB allow Disney to beat them at making a young superhero team up film when they have the Teen Titans ready to go! 

Gunn’s reboot can’t come soon enough!! Also when do you think they’ll officially announce Miller isn’t returning or will they even announce that?

3 hours ago, ringedmortality said:

I can't believe Leo dates adults. 23? Basically a child.

Lol, don't go on Twitter and search "postminor" or "minor coded": some people out there genuinely feel anyone 25 or under is a helpless baby... The whole "brain development" argument is kind of bunk, BTW:

https://slate.com/technology/2022/11/brain-development-25-year-old-mature-myth.html

2 hours ago, LVB said:

Ryan actually said he wants the role of Ghost Rider.

What, did he watch the 2007 movie on repeat and fall for Eva Mendes before they even met?

Terrible numbers for The Flash and Elemental.

The forums are giving me ads for Acer laptops and Spanish PSAs for my state's department of health.

39 minutes ago, Starphanluke said:

I have a feeling it may become a standard 4-day weekend at the box office over time (now that it's a federal holiday and many private employers are adding it to the list of work Holidays), but I don't think it's one of those yet. But it is technically a holiday weekend, which will at least inflate Sunday a bit (in addition to Father's Day).

At this point, though, I feel like Spider-Verse, Transformers, and Elemental will probably benefit the most from Father's Day.

29 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Juneteenth is a Federal Holiday and a Holiday in over half the states.

But ithas been a Holiday for only about 3 years now. It will probably be regognized as a box office four day weekend in a year or two.

The holiday is on June 19th.  It won't always be on a Monday.  I believe it is on Wednesday next year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Can I switch universes? How could WB allow Disney to beat them at making a young superhero team up film when they have the Teen Titans ready to go! 

Gunn’s reboot can’t come soon enough!! Also when do you think they’ll officially announce Miller isn’t returning or will they even announce that?

They are announcing it by not announcing it. It’s dead, Jim. The DCEU is finally ovah. Long live the DCU.

13 minutes ago, screambaby said:

Over/under 

Flash 2023 vs batman returns unadjusted domestic (162 million)

Under. It’s going to have a horrible second weekend drop, even from a low place. Believe it or not, this is front loaded.

• Like 1