Eric Lasagna

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

17 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

ATSV is so ahead of Wonder Woman at the same point in their run that 400M+ is locked PLF or not. 

I'd think so too but Wondy's 3rd weekend was 41.3M. That's considerably better than AtSV's 27.3M. If those numbers continue to happen, it's only a matter of time until Wonder passes it up, no?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M37 said:

Pretty sure Flash didn't have a two week IMAX exclusive, or tickets would have been on sale for upcoming weekend in advance of release (see Indy 5 and Oppenheimer, for example)

So most likely its a split/discretion week, with ATSV, Flash, and maybe even Transformers getting some IMAX and other PLF shows (the same thing we saw on this same weekend last year when Elvis and Black Phone opened, but PLFs were shared among JWD, TGM, and even LY)

Of my two local multiplexes, one gave PLFs back to ATSV this weekend and the other stuck with The Flash, this is in the UK though but it seems like there wasn't any pre-agreed deal made.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

The only other animated kids movie that 100% didn't play like an animated kids movie was The Simpsons Movie (which at the very least had the excuse of being PG-13)

teen titans GIF

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I'd think so too but Wondy's 3rd weekend was 41.3M. That's considerably better than AtSV's 27.3M. If those numbers continue to happen, it's only a matter of time until Wonder passes it up, no?

ATSV closes the gap on weekdays though. We'll see but it's looking good at least thanks to Monday boost.

1 minute ago, upriser7 said:

I am now fully convinced that Black Adam wouldn't have even made 200M Worldwide if Rock wasn't the lead

We all mocked him at the time, but now can we admit that Dwayne single-handedly saved Black Adam? There's a reason why Vinjamin swallowed his pride and used the DC shakeup to bring Dwayne back into the Fast fold.

• Like 3

Just now, toutvabien said:

So... where do we think The Flash will rank this weekend? 2nd? 3rd? Lower?

Third, only because No Hard Feelings looks pretty weak, but 4th is not out of the question, should be fairly close from #1-#4

Just now, BadOlCatSylvester said:

We all mocked him at the time, but now can we admit that Dwayne single-handedly saved Black Adam? There's a reason why Vinjamin swallowed his pride and used the DC shakeup to bring Dwayne back into the Fast fold.

I actually bought Black Adam on iTunes when it came out, not proud of it. With that said, while the execution with the Justice Society of America was nowhere near flawless, I actually dig Hawkman and Dr. Fate. Wouldn’t be mad seeing them again.

27 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

ATSV is so ahead of Wonder Woman at the same point in their run that 400M+ is locked PLF or not. 

Um, what? At the end of the first week, ATSV was ahead by $22M. At end of third weekend, That gap has closed to under $5M

If ATSV were to start posting -30% drops starting this upcoming week, it still doesn't get to $400M. Doesn't look like that's going to happen

• Like 8