kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals (Jun 23 - 25) | 19.00M ATSV | 18.44M ELEMENTAL | 15.14M THE FLASH | 15.00M NO HARD FEELINGS

17 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

So how's saturday looking, or is the weekend to depressing to track?

Don't ask that on the weekend thread! People have to got spend pages and pages arguing whether Comic Book movies are on their last legs or is Jennifer Lawrence is worth 25 million. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

I do like BB, but to me, Spidey from Raimi, X Men First Class, Guardians 1, even The Batman, they’re all at the same level 

It’s definitely one of the bests, but i don’t think is the best and by far.

Agree to disagree. The drama of Batman Begins is more effective than the drama in any of those others. Raimi's first Spider-man is very good as is Singer's first X-men, but I don't see them on the level of Batman Begins.  BB is a Spielbergian mix of popcorn blockbuster and emotional engagement. It's outstanding.

Agreed on TDKR, it feels like an epic compressed. It feels rush and makes a lot of creative decisions to looks stupid or under developed. I didn’t know it was supposed to be longer, maybe that’s why. But as it is, it’s a solid movie. 

The script has a tiny amount of deleted scenes. I am surprised, especially after the studio breakup of Potter 7, that it wasn't made into 2 films ala Infinity War and End Game. Maybe Matrix and more recently pirates 2+3 performance spooked them. 

Still think the major highlight from the Nolan trilogy is TDK and the reason the trilogy itself is so respected, to me is the only one that really is well above the competition by far, this definitely makes an inpact. I can’t think of a better SH movie other than The Incredibles. 

TDK is a masterpiece work of art. 2008 was such an epic summer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MightyDargon said:

The issue isn't so much J Law's pay, it's more "why pay her so much for what should be a low budget comedy".

Seeing her get a paycheck that big for say, a succesful action movie doesn't seem that inflated.

It's just that this isn't really the type of project that benefits from a star paycheck so big it eclipses the value of the low budget.

This movie would have 100% gone direct to streaming or debuted to 2m without Jlaw in it.

So in that sense her paycheck was definitely justified. Too bad comedies are dead at the box office though 

5 hours ago, XXRkham Asylum said:

Depends on what you consider a "flop". Are we talking $500M WW or doing what The Flash is doing? If it's the former, you keep going and hopefully make good content that wins over more audience. 

If it's the latter, you probably stick to the Elseworld titles like The Batman and Joker for a few years while figuring out your next step.

5 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

If Superman Legacy is a relative success, like $500m WW is already good enough to keep it going. Superman Legacy’s actual job is to present the world to this new take of Superman and the DC Universe, not really compete with Marvel Studios. If it builds enough good will, it’s the future films that might actually do that.

Is $500M really the bar for Superman: Legacy to clear? If the lynchpin of the new DCU, and an iconic character can’t bring in more than Quantumania then I’d say they need to go back to the drawing board. Anything less than $800M for Legacy is a disappointment imo. This is supposed to be more GP friendly than Man of Steel, which was divisive. If Legacy flips it might mean Superman is just not a viable theatrical character anymore. 

1 minute ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Is $500M really the bar for Superman: Legacy to clear? If the lynchpin of the new DCU, and an iconic character can’t bring in more than Quantumania then I’d say they need to go back to the drawing board. Anything less than $800M for Legacy is a disappointment imo. This is supposed to be more GP friendly than Man of Steel, which was divisive. If Legacy flips it might mean Superman is just not a viable theatrical character anymore. 

The Batman didn't get to $800m. Superman getting there would be impressive

19 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Don't ask that on the weekend thread! People have to got spend pages and pages arguing whether Comic Book movies are on their last legs or is Jennifer Lawrence is worth 25 million. 

Well we don’t have anything else to discuss. 

We all know The Flash is a bomb for lot of factors that we discussed a lot last weekend, we all know SV is the only June movie that delivered on box office, we all know Elemental is holding well and the new releases are doing fine 

Unless there are new numbers to add on this facts, we have to talk about other things.

34 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Eh. In their primes, look at the variety of film types that Tom Cruise and Tom Hanks turned into hits. Pretty remarkable. 

You just named 2 of the biggest name of all time, John Wayne saved the Conqueror box office but could not have done it often.

DiCaprio sold The-Revenant and Wolf of Wall Street quite well, it exists and existed, but the perform much better in a specific lane-character, was it not a bit always the norm ? At least for a long time.

38 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

One of the worst Best Actress wins I’ve ever seen. 

Have you seen Shakespeare in Love?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

BTW Challengers got the best reaction of all the trailers before my NHF showing. Zendaya about to prove she has some drawing power all by herself too!

Ngl the Spidey films and even Dune waste her. Chani was always a nothing burger character but MJ having so little to do in the new SM films is MCU being MCU.

Love or hate SM3, MJ had her own flop Broadway star subplot going, giving Dunst something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Ngl the Spidey films and even Dune waste her. Chani was always a nothing burger character but MJ having so little to do in the new SM films is MCU being MCU.

Love or hate SM3, MJ had her own flop Broadway star subplot going, giving Dunst something.

God I wish the Watts movies would focus less on the Iron Man relationship and the MCU and more on the characters in Peter’s world. Ned and MJ feel like props half the time. At least the Raimi films gave Peter’s squad arcs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Obvsly, Man of Steel is the bar. If it beats MoS even by a tiny bit then it shows this whole reboot business wasn't a pointless endeavor. 700M+ is ideal tho