kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals (Jun 23 - 25) | 19.00M ATSV | 18.44M ELEMENTAL | 15.14M THE FLASH | 15.00M NO HARD FEELINGS

I think it's kind of sad when these days you consider an a-lister to be someone who can open a film to 15 million dollars. Back in the day that would seem pretty damn pathetic. If you're paying someone $25 million dollars to do your film you best be hoping that film opens to at least what you paid her. I like Jennifer lawrence, in fact I like her probably more than a lot of people do here. I absolutely loved Passengers and Silver linings playbook is one of my favorite movies of the last quarter century. But a 15 million dollar opening? That's pretty sad.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Hopefully Ruby Teenage Kraken doesn't hurt this one too much. I want 300M+ dammit.

Decent chance Mermaid beats it next weekend, don’t think it will affect it much 

Edited by M37

5 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

The only thing worse than estimating your film to have had a 72.2% drop is overestimating your film as having had a 72.2% drop. Let's see if it holds when actuals come in. I remain skeptical.

Edited by vafrow
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, vafrow said:

Yes, it had a horrible opening weekend, but that's a pretty incredible hold coming off a long weekend debut.

It looks like it's going to have no issue handling Ruby Gillman, and will be a default option for families with young kids over the summer.

It should see good legs, and can hopefully beat out Lightyear at least.

I wouldn’t call it incredible hold, but it’s solid. Still not enough.

Ignoring The Flash's pathetic drop, this is actually a solid weekend. No Hard Feelings opened at an acceptable level, Asteroid City did great in expansion, and the holdovers held pretty well generally across the board. Past Lives continues to expand well too.

• Like 6