baumer

Weekend Thread | July 7-9 | Weekend Estimates on Page 32

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Tell me about it. When I created this club exactly a year before Barbie release

Marvel fans took a huge offense. Insert tons of "The Marvels OW >>> Barbie lifetime total" and "Barbie will be lucky to ______" jokes. 

7573c001-661f-4337-8119-6cb05e70d9af_tex

Marvel harcore fans are of two types: One are real or loyal Marvel/MCU fans who support every MCU movie, and the other are hardcore fans of 2-3 characters, and they also call themselves Marvel/MCU fans but they aren't actually marvel fans. So don't generalise Marvel fans into one group. The Marvels could easily do better than Barbie if Marvel or the MCU had loyal fanbase just as Star Wars.

Edited by Willowra
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Hey if Disney still want to sell Pixar I'm sure WB will pick them up for the prospect of getting the rights to a live action Toy Story/Barbie crossover

When did Disney want to sell Pixar.

Especially with D+ I doubt they will sell it, its one of the pillars of it.

And WB has way too many problems to buy it.

37 minutes ago, Cap said:

This would be my concern as well. 

that said, it’s been a very long time since the tracking thread has been wildly wrong about something. So hopefully this is not one of those times.

BUT, tracking has been warning about seat availability and PLF...so, they've given warning that sky high possibilities that trend now might not be possible without much bigger sets at the actual open...

I mean, I feel like I'm a rubber band on this movie...I said it could be a mini-gentleminions months ago, and now it is...but now folks are going the other way into this is a summer winner DOM, if not a yearly winner DOM, and now I have to be a sorta wet blanket.  Months ago, I didn't expect to be in that role 2 weeks out:)...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Anyway,

Looking forward for estimates. Does anyone have Saturday numbers?

You've been here long enough, you know if anybody had Saturday numbers theyd be posted here by now 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

21 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Anyway,

Looking forward for estimates. Does anyone have Saturday numbers?

Jat posted 9.5+ for insidious a while back but aside from that should be rolling in the next 3 hours

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, baumer said:

You've been here long enough, you know if anybody had Saturday numbers theyd be posted here by now 😉

I only check the forum every now and then, don't actually come all the time. But thanks for thinking you know anything about my life, I guess?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, YM! said:

I hope it does. Mario was mid.

best animation I have ever seen and the morals were great and exactly what parents want for their kids. Mine have watched it probally 30 times already and I still enjoy parts of it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Past Lives seems like it is already fizzling out. 10M total seems like the best scenario for these praised indie movies nowadays.

From May 12 - Jul 21 we won’t have any back to back wknd winners, I wonder how strong a streak that is historically (that’s 11 weeks — could even go all the way to like, October, but I’m expecting Barbie 2nd wknd will top Mansion for now).