baumer

Weekend Thread | July 7-9 | Weekend Estimates on Page 32

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Insidious always gets underrated with how popular a franchise it is

Forgot until now that the last Insidious casualty made almost 30M on its opening weekend without even having Wilson or Byrne in it. How the heck did that even happen?

If the review is at least decent, Insidious will have even bigger breakout potential but the review is terrible and I not sure if they will impact IM through weekend. And also strangely for a widely known movie, insidious doesn't have much review on RT now. Only 23 reviews registered so far.

• Like 1

This is definitely going to be an interesting weekend. With those preview numbers it looks like 25 million is definitely on the board for insidious.

I have no idea what joyride is tracking at but I haven't really heard or seen much marketing for it.

I think Indy will probably fall maybe a little north of 60% but because it caters to an older demographic I don't think we're going to see a 70% drop.

With an expansion into Canada and more theaters in the US I'm wondering if sound of freedom can get into the high teens. It's going to be a really interesting time to see what this movie ends up doing in total.

Spider-verse and elemental should be another interesting battle this weekend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Insidious: Red Door is SO bad. I'd be surprised if it showed legs of any kind. 

On the level of a Devil Inside, post holiday $30M+ opening but not even a 2x total?

It's so random to me that this new Insidious movie is also Patrick Wilson's directorial debut. Not entirely unexpected given his ties to the franchise I suppose (and being very much at home in genre films based on his filmography), but still, a different approach than what we usually see from actors making the jump to directing heh.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I honestly forgot that Insidious isn't the one with vera farmiga.

Is Lynn Shaye still in this or has her character been killed off yet? My honestly can't remember lol

Just now, baumer said:

Is Lynn Shaye still in this or has her character been killed off yet? My honestly can't remember lol

idk i only saw the first one. crackhead darth maul jumpscare is the only thing i remember about it.

insidious-demon-bedd937.jpg?quality=90&r

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I honestly forgot that Insidious isn't the one with vera farmiga.

Could we see an insidious and Conjuring cross-over?

Just now, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

That range for Sound of Freedom in this weeks derby :sparta:

What are some of the ranges?