XXR & Friends

Sound of Freedom || Discussion of The Movie And Its Producers Should be HERE and HERE ONLY || The Report Button Is Your Friend || Keep It Civil

3 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

I think it was known but the rich and powerful were able to label it as "tin foil hat" stuff until evidence became widely available in the digital age.

Logically makes sense.

Rich and powerful people have the ability to shield themselves from the law and public over doing degenerate and illegal stuff. 

17 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

I think it's long been known that the rich (including people in Hollywood!) have taken advantage of underage people for sexual favors. It's been shown in movies forever! People have only recently (IDK the last 10-ish years) started to care enough to "cancel" people. Which the people making this movie are apparently against so idk 

I know that you guys aren't generalizing to all rich and powerful people but to those who can and do this sort of thing in a more organized manner. That said, I also hear as if being rich and powerful is inherently something bad or they are more morally corrupt than less rich and less powerful. As a whole I think all wealth classes and "power classes" have their fair share of twats, criminals, compassionate, kind, and all-around great people. At least in liberal democracies such as the US.

I wonder why the big hollywood / media is trying to demonize this movie, and trying to make it look like far right / QAnon propaganda, which clearly is not.

They seem to be almost in a hurry trying to distort the movie and its message.

I wonder why.......

Edited by Belakor
  • Heart 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MightGuy said:

There is a version of this film that's fine.

But with Caviezel in the lead and how he has tied his conspiratorial views to the film's promotion, with no pushback from the film's producers, we've trended away from that ideal. And that's before we even talk about some of the issues surrounding Ballard.

It seems like people can reasonably complain about the marketing campaign but that's different from film itself.  

• Like 4

So, there's a movie...and it made $40M box office its 1st week...

And for those wondering how I saw some of it coming - after Deadline reported on the $7M presales, I looked up the movie and found the movie's Direct Purchase/Pay It Forward site, and that gave me a sense of how much it could be looking at...and then the tickets continued to blow up b/c the movie met what the original audience wanted...which I wasn't 100% expecting...

For those wondering how it will continue this week, it's now at 3.133M tickets sold/bought forward (that number is both) on its site.  I don't know if that includes all possible tickets sold, or just those trackable on the internet (I suspect the latter, but I'm not sure b/c this whole strategy and company is new to me).  But with quick math, with tickets being "bought forward" at $15/pop, I suspect the box office for this movie will continue to grow for at least the 1st few weekdays this week (since $15 X number of tickets bought is $46.995M)...no idea how accurate this will be going forward and how much tickets will grow per day, but it's something that could be trackable in the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was genuinely interested in checking out this movie before I learned about how it was being propagated by conservative media. Even knowing how nutso Jim became with Qanon.

Still may catch it, since by most accounts it appears to be a quality film that’s not inherently conspiracy-filled. It’s just the narrative surrounding the release

Edited by OncomingStorm93

Has anybody in this thread seen the movie yet? There's nothing at all in the movie about adrenochrome or pizza gate or Bigfoot or building 7 or aliens, UFOs or the assassination of JFK. 

The movie focus is solely on the rescuing of kids that have been abducted and put into the sex trade. Even those of you who hate Jim caviezel because, insert reason here, you should still be able to get behind a movie that's trying to end child trafficking and the sex trade with kids. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

Has anybody in this thread seen the movie yet? There's nothing at all in the movie about adrenochrome or pizza gate or Bigfoot or building 7 or aliens, UFOs or the assassination of JFK. 

The movie focus is solely on the rescuing of kids that have been abducted and put into the sex trade. Even those of you who hate Jim caviezel because, insert reason here, you should still be able to get behind a movie that's trying to end child trafficking and the sex trade with kids. 

They can watch Taken if they want to see that.

It's about how the movie is being promoted. They're distorting the movie to flame and incite. That's a big problem.

In a vacuum, this movie is fine. But we don't live in a vacuum.

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Jim Caveziel declares people who disagree with him part of Lucifer’s army. It’s not so much that I hate him. It’s that he has hateful, paranoid views and I would be a chump to take morality lessons from him. That gets me toward hating him sure. 
Why would someone who actually works in this field having any obligation to support his movie?

People in this field need financial support, not a movie. We need govt. funding. We need charitable organizations working with vulnerable kids at every level. Volunteers?
Bueller?

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

I'm a pretty optimistic person but personally this movie making so much money has easily been the thing to make me feel the most pessimistic about the state of things in a while. Don't want to get too deep into personal stuff but just genuinely makes me feel unsafe and insecure in the future of things in regards to my identity.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

49 minutes ago, von Kenni said:

I know that you guys aren't generalizing to all rich and powerful people but to those who can and do this sort of thing in a more organized manner. That said, I also hear as if being rich and powerful is inherently something bad or they are more morally corrupt than less rich and less powerful. As a whole I think all wealth classes and "power classes" have their fair share of twats, criminals, compassionate, kind, and all-around great people. At least in liberal democracies such as the US.

Its not saying all rich people are pedos 

It is like this

Be warned what i am about to say is not pleasant, but it is true.

An unknown but seems a small minority have some sort of attraction to younger people sexually. From what i read, people generally self realize such things are morally unacceptable by society and is illegal and dont act on it. However, people who are like this, usually abuse someone they know personally. 

However if someone is rich and powerful, if they are a pedo they can shield themselves from society and legal issues and can indulge in their most perverted desires. 

It's weird to me to see "how the film is being promoted" b/c outside of the Pay It Forward website, Angel Studios is doing almost no direct promotion b/c they don't have the money to pay for it.  

So, it's more a "how the internet is promoting the movie" vs "how the studio is running a campaign" b/c they never crowdfunded the money for a campaign.  And folks are putting all sorts of "stuff" on this movie from all sides based on really nothing actually in the movie.  Now, that's happened before, and even recently (ask Disney), but it tends to be for the "bigger" movies, although I guess after $40M already in the bank, we might have to consider this as a bigger movie.

As I sit here, I see a small "indy" movie bought by a big studio, buried by a 2nd, and resurrected by a 3rd.  And now chaos b/c it's made more than anyone in that chain (and pretty much everywhere) probably ever thought it could.  

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Are any amount of the gross being donated to orgs to help fight trafficking or anything like that?

They don't have profit quite yet (since I think they just broke even today), but since I've been touring the Angel Studios site, they have set up (on the opening day) a whole page with direct links for how you can get educated, how you can donate, and how you can take action.  For anyone who wants to see it, it's not a bad starting page...

https://www.angel.com/blog/sound-of-freedom/posts/sound-of-freedom-join-the-fight-against-child-trafficking

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I gotta say how nasty things can get when you're too close to US. This movie has been making so much noise over here and now they're accusing of being -whatever kind of disgusting person you can think of- to critics or reviewers who haven't seen or discussed the movie when it doesn't even has a proper distributor.

Verástegui may be unfamiliar in the US the guy has been part of the business in Mexico since the 90s and he certainly hasn't struggled. He doesn't even appeal the typical critic of our current president; only far-right people support him here. Now I'm thinking he'll use anything he gets from this movie to fund his "presidential campaign". 

Of course this is an issue that should be addressed and nobody is saying that the movie per se carries conspiracies but the fact that the very own people who worked in it and are very online can address that is getting this out of control.

Edited by Carlangonz

57 minutes ago, Belakor said:

I wonder why the big hollywood / media is trying to demonize this movie, and trying to make it look like far right / QAnon propaganda, which clearly is not.

They seem to be almost in a hurry trying to distort the movie and its message.

I wonder why.......

Because it's starring and being promoted by a far right/Qanon propaganda section of the US.

I've seen actually nobody in Hollywood/media demonizing the movie.

• Like 3