CJohn

TOM CRUISE LOVES HIS POPCORN. MOVIES. POPCORN: THE WEEKEND THREAD | We are just waiting for Barbenheimer here

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think the aging is more noticeable, it's like what happened to Roger Moore between Octopussy and A View to a Kill and he was only 57 when he did the latter. 

Sir Rogers, famous remark during the making of VIew to a Kill; When I met the mother of my female co star on the film, and relaized I was older then she, I knew it was time to quit.

Actuallly in later years Moore admitted he went a film too far and should have quit after Octopussy.

IMHO he should have quit after For Your Eyes Only, and go out on a high note, rahter then stick around for one medicore Bond film and one that is widely regarded as the weakest film in the series.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

Probably because he's 60 years old now. Father time catches up to everybody.

Google Says he follows a low fat, low carb, high protein diet. 

If He had more saturated animal fats and omega-3, That would be better for his longevity. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Provided the number holds, where are those who didn't think DR could pull 70%+ Today 😁😂. At least a small glimmer of hope in the mess of the threads this week.

@baumer without looking, is Deadline talking about SOF Friday over Friday for the +15% ? Would make sense since all their other comps are Friday to Friday. 

Yes that was just explained to me. Like I said I got confused because I'm used to seeing a minus before the number not a plus sign

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Let’s talk about the goodies 

Disney/Pixar’s Elemental continues to hold in the top five with an estimated fifth weekend of $8.8M, a great -12% hold, and a running total of $125.3M.  

Pretty much how I feel

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Google Says he follows a low fat, low carb, high protein diet. 

If He had more saturated animal fats and omega-3, That would be better for his longevity. 

Getting out of that cult with it wackjob medical theories would help also.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Pretty much how I feel

Definitely, Twitter is going crazy with the fan arts 

I feel that on top of ended up with 420-450M on box office, this will be very big on Disney+ 

It’s really connecting with the younger audience, even if the movie isn’t at the same level of some of their classics that older audiences loves so much 

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

Definitely, Twitter is going crazy with the fan arts 

I feel that on top of ended up with 420-450M on box office, this will be very big on Disney+ 

It’s really connecting with the younger audience, even if the movie isn’t at the same level of some of their classics that older audiences loves so much 

I actually am planning on seeing this now; I was pretty much turned off by the trailers, which made it look like a mediocre blend of other Pixar films. It's seems to be Forzen all over again, a good animated film with a lousy ad campaign.

• Like 1

After Dead Reckoning Part 2 I can see enough time passing that Cruise might not continue the franchise even though it isn't necessarily positioned as the final one. He has the space movie with Doug Liman next and multiple other projects with McQ that aren't MI related. 

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Transformers is having some good holds lately isn’t it? 

I suspect we’re about to see a race between Transformers, Elemental and SOF all running to ~160M

People realizing that it’s better than the last 4 Bayformers 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Transformers is having some good holds lately isn’t it? 

I suspect we’re about to see a race between Transformers, Elemental and SOF all running to ~160M

Indy too based on it's estimated hold this weekend. 170-180 still seems possible for that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Cruise is a much better actor then people realize, so I think he does have a post action blockbuster careeer open to him.

He needs to do something more akin to A Few Good Men and  co-starring someone who is his equal in stardom like Denzel Washington or Tom Hanks. 

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I actually am planning on seeing this now; I was pretty much turned off by the trailers, which made it look like a mediocre blend of other Pixar films. It's seems to be Forzen all over again, a good animated film with a lousy ad campaign.

It’s very nice 

It’s definitely very simple and straightforward (something people usually dislike when Pixar does it), and certainly have it’s flaws with lack of development in some aspects and lack of strong tension. 

But is super lovely, the comedy works very well, the drama is very well written and the romcom vibe is a delight, they really created a very strong couple out of cliches.

Despite the thematic and structure similarities with other Pixar movies, this one definitely have a fresher take in how they do it, kinda like Turning Red which is very much a Gen Z movie. I would recommend it, just expect to have a good time and is very easy to be satisfied.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

People realizing that it’s better than the last 4 Bayformers 

I really like the first act of this movie, i found it very grounded with good dramatic beats and very charismatic duo. But once the spectacle begins i found it shallow, that fully CGI climax was ugly and lack energy, it just bored me.

Even the worst Bayformers have a very strong sense of auterism that pleases me more, i can see humanity in the chaos. And personally i think Transformers 3 is actually a very good example of maximalist cinema, this one i really find it good, best of the whole franchise. 

But i can see why people are liking this one more, is less chaotic, loud and messy.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1