CJohn

TOM CRUISE LOVES HIS POPCORN. MOVIES. POPCORN: THE WEEKEND THREAD | We are just waiting for Barbenheimer here

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I can't really take this Sound of Freedom run seriously with the pay it forward campaign. Unless they announce the split, this is all bullshit numbers to get it to 100M+.

Well considering a huge portion of the audience supports a conman for president seems to fit. oops did I get too political there. 

16 minutes ago, Marathon said:

Tom Cruise is starting to look like a middle-aged rocker version of himself.

Probably because he's 60 years old now. Father time catches up to everybody.

• Like 1

I think deadline has a deficiency in mathematics. They are saying that sound of freedom will do 6 million on Friday which is 15% increase from thursday. Thursday did 4.5 million. I'm pretty sure that's a bit more than a 15% increase.

A sub 60% decline for insidious is pretty remarkable considering everybody says it sucks so much. It's certainly not behaving like a film that got a c+ cinema score.

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

What's really obvious is how air brushing for lack of a better word they are doing for the movies because he certainly does  not look that old in Maverick or DR. 

• Like 2

Just now, emoviefan said:

What's really obvious is how air brushing for lack of a better word they are doing for the movies because he certainly does  not look that old in Maverick or DR. 

Agreed!

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think deadline has a deficiency in mathematics. They are saying that sound of freedom will do 6 million on Friday which is 15% increase from thursday. Thursday did 4.5 million. I'm pretty sure that's a bit more than a 15% increase.

That’s the weekly increase mate 😛 

• Astonished 1

Time for Cruise to agree to do that remake of "Taps" they have been talking about, with Cruise in the George C Scott role.

"Taps" is the movie about a boys military school that gave Cruise the role that first got him attention, as a cadet leader who goes insane at the end. Come to think of it, Sean Penn got his first big role in that movie also. it is a textbook example of a surprise  hit, came out of nowhere to be one of the biggest hits of the 1981 Holiday season.

Edited by dudalb

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think the aging is more noticeable, it's like what happened to Roger Moore between Octopussy and A View to a Kill and he was only 57 when he did the latter. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jonwo said:

I think the aging is more noticeable, it's like what happened to Roger Moore between Octopussy and A View to a Kill and he was only 57 when he did the latter. 

His Scientology juice is running out. Needs an oil Change Tbh.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I can't really take this Sound of Freedom run seriously with the pay it forward campaign. Unless they announce the split, this is all bullshit numbers to get it to 100M+.

I know I'm going to get yelled at and lectured as to why I'm wrong, but this reeks of some pyramid scheme garbage.

• Like 6
  • Heart 1

1 minute ago, LegionGPT said:

That’s the weekly increase mate 😛 

Ahhhhh lol that's why it looks so weird LOL. I guess we're used to seeing a minus before the number.

Provided the number holds, where are those who didn't think DR could pull 70%+ Today 😁😂. At least a small glimmer of hope in the mess of the threads this week.

@baumer without looking, is Deadline talking about SOF Friday over Friday for the +15% ? Would make sense since all their other comps are Friday to Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1