CJohn

TOM CRUISE LOVES HIS POPCORN. MOVIES. POPCORN: THE WEEKEND THREAD | We are just waiting for Barbenheimer here

Just now, ringedmortality said:

Clint would have gotten that out by Christmas if it wasn't for the strike.

When Juror #2 is the SoF of summer 2024, then I guess Hoult will finally have made it

Ill gladly eat a bit of crow regarding Elemental. While it still wont be a real success story, with these kind of legs its proving that

a) it has very strong WOM and it connects with audiences around the world and

b) its legs will safe it from beeing a flop/bomb like Indy 5 for example.

Though i dont think its fair to blame its weak opening entirely on the marketing. Yes, it definetly could have been marketed much better, but i also think we have a bit of a Puss in Boots-Situation here: No one really cared about this movie when it came out, but the people who actually saw it made other people go. If the basic interest among the GA for a movie is very low, the opening will be as well no matter the marketing. I think this could explain atleast a part of Elementals run.

And Indy 5 ... just depressing. Even though i disliked the movie, Indy and Harrison Ford dont deserve this. Under 400M WW is just so pathetic. Disney really dropped the ball on this one.

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Ill gladly eat a bit of crow regarding Elemental. While it still wont be a real success story, with these kind of legs its proving that

Though i dont think its fair to blame its weak opening entirely on the marketing. Yes, it definetly could have been marketed much better, but i also think we have a bit of a Puss in Boots-Situation here: No one really cared about this movie when it came out, but the people who actually saw it made other people go. If the basic interest among the GA for a movie is very low, the opening will be as well no matter the marketing. I think this could explain atleast a part of Elementals run.

And Indy 5 ... just depressing. Even though i disliked the movie, Indy and Harrison Ford dont deserve this. Under 400M WW is just so pathetic. Disney really dropped the ball on this one.

Welcome to the #ElementalSweep party 

Spread the gospel, let’s try 500M now

• Heart 1

Just now, Brainbug said:

Once again I ask, LMAO are you fucking joking? I think you might need to eat a bit more of that crow, sir. I can understand qualms with the marketing of the film, but insisting on the narrative that Elemental isn’t a bonafide box office story success only shows that you haven’t eaten enough crow yet.

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Yeah I'm eating a crow too though the success baffles me. The water character is so punchable, every time his image is posted I just want to stomp this character til there's only a puddle and then let it dry in the heat. :hahaha:

14 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

On the contrary, Flash and Indy got absolutely trashed by outlets (rightfully so). MI7 is being treated with much more delicacy. 

Because the franchise legs out more than a typical blockbuster. The OS markets are much healthier. And the fact the movie is actually really good and people don't want to doom and gloom over movies they enjoy. This movie underperforming would also be sending red flags and sirens all over Hollywood because there isn't any real reasons this movie doesn't come close to Fallout's numbers.

47 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

People here will keep ignoring that Barbie isn’t powerful because of memes and TikTok until they are blue. The type of built in audience that Barbie has from the get go no marketing campaign can gather. It’s not about going viral and lo and behold, butts on the seats for the viral thing. 

Do you know what also went viral and nobody came? Morbius. And it’s not because of superhero fatigue, it’s simply because absolutely no one has ever asked for a Morbius film, hell it’s debatable if any Spider-Man fan on their right mind would want Morbius as a Spider-Man villain in a film, let alone a film made around him. 

Barbie is a beast. Mattel sells $1.5B worth of Barbie products every year…has a massive fan base. Morbius was just lame

7 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Elemental is not a success or even worthwhile story DOM unless it hits the @MovieMan89 multi and gets to 200M+ DOM. 

:hahaha:

Realistically speaking, is that possible for the movie reach Puss in Boots 2 DOM or even $200M DOM?