CJohn

TOM CRUISE LOVES HIS POPCORN. MOVIES. POPCORN: THE WEEKEND THREAD | We are just waiting for Barbenheimer here

30 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Sheesh, “Barbenheimer” now has a Wikipedia page. Lol

It might not last, the wiki editors can be pretty ruthless if an article isn't noteworthy enough. If Barbie has like a 200+ OW and Oppenheimer breaks the 2nd place OW record it might stay up.

3 hours ago, Algebra said:

Ugggh, a few peoples’ ‘analysis’ of this movie is making me tear my hair out. FFS, it’s made 15% over MI:Fallout in all markets ex-China.

How’s it flopping? Reading takes like Cruise’s career is packed…Tf are you all on about lmao

Here I was defending this forum on being fair to Cruise as a movie star and well I kind of regret that now. Sometimes it does not seem much better than r/boxoffice. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, emoviefan said:

Here I was defending this forum on being fair to Cruise as a movie star and well I kind of regret that now. Sometimes it does not seem much better than r/boxoffice. 

r/boxoffice is just people reposting takes form here. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, lab276 said:

It might not last, the wiki editors can be pretty ruthless if an article isn't noteworthy enough. If Barbie has like a 200+ OW and Oppenheimer breaks the 2nd place OW record it might stay up.

On the other hand there's a lot of "keep's" here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Barbenheimer

Edited by lab276

R/Boxoffice is now just a bunch of Maggies revelling in MI7 falling short of its domestic OW expectations by $13m

They wanna see something flop so bad that they will all gather to celebrate even the most barest of misses.

Just now, Algebra said:

R/Boxoffice is now just a bunch of Maggies revelling in MI7 falling short of its domestic OW expectations by $13m

They wanna see something flop so bad that they will all gather to celebrate even the most barest of misses.

I'd rather gouge my eyes out than read that lol

Negativity about anything, but especially about movies and box office makes me feel bad, so I'm not sure how people can exist in that kind of forum without becoming just intensely miserable. Miserable in like, their personal lives as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lab276 said:

I'd rather gouge my eyes out than read that lol

Negativity about anything, but especially about movies and box office makes me feel bad, so I'm not sure how people can exist in that kind of forum without becoming just intensely miserable. Miserable in like, their personal lives as well.

When something genuinely positively surprises though like the incredible legs of an unicersally liked movie like TGM last year, it is a very positive happy space.

But this year's just a hellscape over there

10 hours ago, Hatebox said:

the ‘he came from nothing and conquered everything’ tagline is horseshit right off the bat so… we’ll see.

it's actually part of a quote from De Gaulle if I remember correctly 

6 minutes ago, Algebra said:

When something genuinely positively surprises though like the incredible legs of an unicersally liked movie like TGM last year, it is a very positive happy space.

But this year's just a hellscape over there

Someone should tell them that this year is still over 12%, or half a billion dollars ahead of last year, with probably what’s going to be the biggest movie of the year yet to release. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Algebra said:

I don't understand why redditors who migrate to other forums keep talking about reddit. Just stay on reddit man.

56 minutes ago, lab276 said:

If there's one thing we can probably guarantee, it's that Oppenheimer isn't going to open over 90m 😅

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

If there's one thing we can probably guarantee, it's that Oppenheimer isn't going to open over 90m 😅

He's talking about the 2nd place where both films are openers which would be World War Z at 66M, which is definitely a plausible outcome (not a lock, mind you, but plausible).

Edited by JustLurking

6 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Iger is many things but evil is not one of them. That term should only be applied to the likes of Ron DeSantis. 

5 hours ago, excel1 said:

Oh brother. Iger's work and decisions have lead to 1000s upon 1000s more people having roofs over their head, or nicer roofs, than previously. Stop.

Nah mates. Iger is a corporate CEO. Corporate CEOs are inherently evil 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1