kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers | Jul 17 - 20 | Wednesday | 4.74M M:I - DEAD RECKONING I | 4.72M SOUND OF FREEDOM

2 hours ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

It's obviously going to be even if it does well overseas. It's just done too well domestically. 

It wouldn't be the first film to do very little business OS Straight Outta Compton comes to mind, huge hit domestic, did very poorly OS apart from a handful of markets, same with Lincoln and The Blind Side. 

3 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Which brings me to the point that i was surprised that how it got that good scores, it is clearly inferior to previous few entries.

Clearly how? I'll give you Fallout, but it's easily better than Rogue Nation across the board, even Fergusson is better in Dead Reckoning despite being sidelined, she looks a lot more comfortable and alive here and in Fallout. The only RN advantage I could think of is maybe DR's main plot element could be too crazy and weird for some people and maybe some dialogues are too exposition heavy, but that's about it.

Edited by Firepower

So, Angel Studios has now followed restaurant fundraisers for groups and is opening up its movie to be a fundraiser for all antitrafficking groups (using the pay it forward money to funnel directly to the groups who want to fundraise on the movie with private showing ticket sales).  I admit, stealing the idea from another industry is brilliant.

https://www.angel.com/blog/sound-of-freedom/posts/angel-studios-helping-anti-trafficking-non-profits

And for BO, this is almost certain to keep helping, b/c who wouldn't buy a ticket and show for an anti-trafficking group fundraiser?

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 3

11 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, Angel Studios has now followed restaurant fundraisers for groups and is opening up its movie to be a fundraiser for all antitrafficking groups (using the pay it forward money to funnel directly to the groups who want to fundraise on the movie with private showing ticket sales).  I admit, stealing the idea from another industry is brilliant.

https://www.angel.com/blog/sound-of-freedom/posts/angel-studios-helping-anti-trafficking-non-profits

And for BO, this is almost certain to keep helping, b/c who wouldn't buy a ticket and show for an anti-trafficking group fundraiser?

Titanic mutliplier incoming

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I’ll be amazed if it’s at $105 million going into Friday. Maybe just over $100 million, but who knows. 

How exactly is he getting another 22 million in 3 days? I think gitesh has been smoking a little bit too much reefer lately

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Brilliant marketing and makes more difference than 95-99% of "just" virtual signaling and awareness raising cause-based/themed Hollywood films, which is a low bar and might not make a big difference but we will see. This kind of agile and tailored marketing can help other mid-budget movies too. It's partly a mindset that you can seize the moment and adjust your plans and actions as you go.

• Like 3

The question is not whether Paramount would cancel DR2 (what a stupid idea), more like would Cruise cancel Paramount. They really blew the domestic release. The film is doing FALLOUT numbers overseas. Cruise delivered another critical and audience hit. I'm telling you now, DR2 is going to be putting up franchise best numbers.

20 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

Looks like 200M for DR may not be locked after all. Clearly though, it is not a weekday movie to have a drop that substantial. 

When was it ever locked?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

The question is not whether Paramount would cancel DR2 (what a stupid idea), more like would Cruise cancel Paramount. They really blew the domestic release. The film is doing FALLOUT numbers overseas. Cruise delivered another critical and audience hit. I'm telling you now, DR2 is going to be putting up franchise best numbers.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/tom-cruise-has-seen-the-flash-movie-1235355326/

The Zazzers next move?

7 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

So I would assume that this means SOF sold more tickets yesterday then mi7. The fact that it was about $400,000 behind mi7 is freaking insane.

6 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I would really love to know how they pull this off in detail without just shaky speculations. I.e. how much of this run and BO is from PIF, which echo chambers, podcasts, and interview platforms bring the biggest gains, how much the Angel Studios' crowdfunding base attributes, and what else there are that we might not be aware of. Just to know the proportionalities of different drivers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Cruise likely can't take DR2 from Paramount since they own the franchise lock, stock and barrel. My guess is that Paramount will get it in the neck from Cruise and perhaps he'll demand things to ensure DR2 gets a better release date and promotion.