Eric Prime

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

2 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

SAG-AFTRA strike made it's premiere go mostly unnoticed outside of the brief Twitter mention of the dystopian hellscape that was the Disney park staff showing up. Outside of that, they've been keeping the release low key for some reason despite early positive buzz.

They did have months before SAG joined to market it though. Feels like execs just decided it’s a bomb 

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Movies I plan to see:

Oppenheimer

Wish
Past Lives (if it gets an awards re-release push)
The Boy and the Heron

Past Lives is probably coming to my local film fest so definitely that. The Boy and the Heron is up in the air cause where I live GKids has dropped the ball on releases before - looking at you Promare - so I might miss it which sucks.

11 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

What movies are you planning to watch for the rest of the year (not counting Barbie or Oppenheimer).

Here’s mine:

Haunted Mansion

TMNT: Mutant Mayhem

The Creator

A Haunting in Venice

Killers of the Flower Moon

The Holdovers

Napoleon

Dune: Part Two

Wish

Wonka

I've got TMNT (free) and Lyle, Lyle Crocodile (kid summer movie)...

Then, I'm kinda kid and price dependent.  I've only watched 2-3 full price movies all year (of the 10 I've watched), so if I see a deal from TMobile or the internet, I'll probably jump on the movie.  I'm hoping for a deal to Kraven, Dune 2, and Migration - those would probably be my top 3 (not in that order), but I'm not going to any full price unless the kid wants to use his movie sub on it...

Encourages Barbie and Oppy to send me a deal b/c I'll jump on both, but right now, b/c I'm seeing so many movies, I'm not jumping on full price movie tickets unless kids beg...it's too dang expensive at full price...

PS - I did jump on $5 circus tickets today for mid-August, so now my 1st circus in years after my 1st musical theater this weekend...these deals make it even harder to say yes to full price, I admit...

Edited by TwoMisfits

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

They did have months before SAG joined to market it though. Feels like execs just decided it’s a bomb 

Very bizarre too if they did cause the buzz has been positive! The trailers have been really solid too. Bizzaro decision.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

What movies are you planning to watch for the rest of the year (not counting Barbie or Oppenheimer).

Here’s mine:

Haunted Mansion

The Creator

A Haunting in Venice

The Holdovers

Napoleon

Wish

Wonka

Cobweb

Haunted Mansion

Talk To Me

Meg 2

Last Voyage of the Demeter

Blue Beetle

Strays

The Nun II

A Haunting in Venice

The Creator

Saw X

Kraven

Exorcist: Believer

Five Nights at Freddys

The Marvels

Dune Part 2

Thanksgiving

Aquaman 2

The Colour Purple

11 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Here’s mine:

Haunted Mansion

The Creator

A Haunting in Venice

The Holdovers

Napoleon

Wish

Wonka

Meg

Creator

Killers

FNAF

Dune

Napoleon

Aquaman

Edited by WorkingonaName

1 minute ago, LegionWrex said:

Very bizarre too if they did cause the buzz has been positive! The trailers have been really solid too. Bizzaro decision.

Idk, I’m not a huge fan of the whole seasonal movies outside of their season thing. Feels like an invitation to fail. 

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I mean they have. 

Plus from what I've seen in the Tracking Thread, sales seem decent enough for it. It's also aiming towards a different enough audience from the movies out this weekend that I think it will be alright counterprogramming.

• Like 2

My most watched movie in theaters are: (since I started to go to cinemas frequently in 2015)

4x

Civil War

Beauty and the Beast

Aladdin

Wonder Woman

The Greatest Showman

Arrival

MI Fallout

Bohemian Rhapsody 

3x

GotG 3

Endgame

MI7

Rogue One

Only ‘PEAK CINEMA’ like in this list that I would watch for 3-4 times in theatre.

3 minutes ago, Eric Bainbridge said:

Plus from what I've seen in the Tracking Thread, sales seem decent enough for it. It's also aiming towards a different enough audience from the movies out this weekend that I think it will be alright counterprogramming.

Seems to be more of a walk-up/GA film like Transformers.

14 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Here’s mine:

Haunted Mansion

The Creator

A Haunting in Venice

The Holdovers

Napoleon

Wish

Wonka

The Meg 2
Dune 2
Napoleon

Maybe Wonka as well. But for me, the first half of the year had more appealing movies than the 2nd has.

13 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Here’s mine:

Haunted Mansion

The Creator

A Haunting in Venice

The Holdovers

Napoleon

Wish

Wonka

Probably will catch a few more outside of this, especially some arthouse fare, but the super likely ones?

Theater Camp

Haunted Mansion

Talk to Me

TMNT

The 3qualizer

The Nun 2

Challengers

A Haunting in Venice

Drive Away Dolls

The Creator

Five Nights at Freddy's

Dune 2

The Holdovers

Songbirds and Snakes

Next Goal Wins

Napoleon

Wish

Wonka

Anyone But You

Migration

Boys in the Boat

The Color Purple

Ferrari

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Eric Bainbridge said:

Probably will catch a few more outside of this, especially some arthouse fare, but the super likely ones?

Theater Camp

Haunted Mansion

Talk to Me

TMNT

The 3qualizer

The Nun 2

Challengers

A Haunting in Venice

Drive Away Dolls

The Creator

Five Nights at Freddy's

Dune 2

The Holdovers

Songbirds and Snakes

Next Goal Wins

Napoleon

Wish

Wonka

Anyone But You

Migration

Boys in the Boat

The Color Purple

Ferrari

I definitely wanna see Talk to Me but I think that's going to be a no-show at my city sadly which sucks.

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

There are several press junkets already recorded for films that aren’t out yet. Included Haunted Mansion. I mean, it’s the typical mid range Disney film for kids, I wouldn’t bet against it. People keep betting against Disney and making big claims like Pixar is ovah just to get egged in the face over and over again.

I’m way more worried for Blue Beetle, which literally had a fucking premiere yesterday in Porto Rico and no one is even aware of that, one because I care a lot more about Blue Beetle than Haunted Mansion and two because unlike that one, I feel like Blue Beetle really needed the stars promoting the fuck out of it to work. It was supposed to be the Brazilian star Bruna Marquezine’s big Hollywood break, but now none of them can promote it and it sucks. I feel like films like Haunted Mansion and TMNT: Mutant Mayhem already have some sort of built in audience while Blue Beetle is basically DC’s Ant-Man, a character that people like but never really was able to carry a comic book by himself for too long. With the proper marketing push it could blow up, but let’s hope the Latino community in the U.S. band together for this one. I feel like it deserves it.

43 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Barbie is almost certainly going to beat Mario DOM now. 

evidence please

at least wait for previews and od reception 

even if barbie does 175, it'd still need 3.2 legs to get there, which might not be that easy of a task

30 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Here’s mine:

Haunted Mansion

The Creator

A Haunting in Venice

The Holdovers

Napoleon

Wish

Wonka

In theatres: