Eric is Quiet

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

I think Eric mentioned on another thread that Dune was like the third biggest DVD/Blu-Ray of 2022, which is a good sign that the fan base is expanding. Combined with positive audience stats and legs, as well as an increase in action and scale, Dune 2 should see a notable increase. 

2 minutes ago, 21C said:

Fortnite movie is coming.

You know what’s funny is that at the directors panel at SDCC today Louis Leterrier said he wants to do a Fortnite movie. I have to wonder if Epic has had genuine conversations about that.

(off topic but the footage for The Creator shown at the panel today looks extraordinary)

2 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

You know what’s funny is that at the directors panel at SDCC today Louis Leterrier said he wants to do a Fortnite movie. I have to wonder if Epic has had genuine conversations about that.

(off topic but the footage for The Creator shown at the panel today looks extraordinary)

If they play their cards right it could be huge. Same with Minecraft tho I think they already screwed up by making that live action. 

Comment to save so if it happens will bring it up along with receips when it happens and some come nobody said in this sub blah blah. 

This is the message:

Dune part 2 could underperform and Villanueve will not have HBO MAX or day and date to blame.   

Saved. 

Edited by Day and Date The Best

Just now, Geo1500 said:

What is this real? LMAO

Nah but after this year it'll probably be. As far as unexploited mega-popular IP goes Fortnite must be at the top of that list. Just a huge fanbase. Whichever studio gets their hands on that first is bound to make some real cash.

6 minutes ago, 21C said:

Fortnite movie is coming.

The ticket to see it is free. For a small micro-transaction, you can unlock scenes to watch. Pay per scene, but don’t worry each scene is “cheap”, you’ll spend less than the ticket. Don’t do the math. 

1 minute ago, 21C said:

Nah but after this year it'll probably be. As far as unexploited mega-popular IP goes Fortnite must be at the top of that list. Just a huge fanbase. Whichever studio gets their hands on that first is bound to make some real cash.

It has cash potential but imo they should buy the rights but sit on it for atleast 10 years for more nostalgia factor

Edited by Geo1500

11 minutes ago, Day and Date The Best said:

Comment to save so if it happens will bring it up along with receips when it happens and some come nobody said in this sub blah blah. 

This is the message:

Dune part 2 could underperform and Villanueve will not have HBO MAX or day and date to blame.   

Saved. 

ok

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Very cool observation I have looking at my favorite arthouse theater in my city of Chicago, the Music Box Theatre. They have a 750-seat auditorium and are showing Oppenheimer on 70mm as our main theater with celluloid (although not the only one with it on 70mm in the city.)

Anyway, they've sold out four showtimes so far these past two days, with four more already sold-out for the rest of the weekend. Again, in a 750-seat-auditorium.

That's a long line for popcorn.

750 seats. I bet that's a pretty awesome, big ass screen. I have only seen the movie in Regal's 4k projection for RPX, but the 70mm photography (both regular 70mm and IMAX 70mm) is absolutely gorgeous. Hoyte very well might get an Oscar on this one for his photography work. Would be cool to see it at the Chicago theater you mentioned. Have you already done the Lincoln Square IMAX show?