upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

31 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Greta could go Nolan route now. Shop her next movie and get an ensemble. She can do her own things without being tied to studio/franchise. 

That said Barbie 2 would be interesting from BO potential for sure. It will cost big bucks to get the stars back. 

What if she does her own high concept film, which also makes a billion dollars, and then comes back to back Barbie Rises

• Astonished 1

9 minutes ago, JustWatching said:

Gerwig may not direct but I’d estimate that, on a scale of zero to 100 percent, the chances of a Barbie 2 are, roughly speaking, one billion percent.

WB would be incredibly stupid to try to make Barbie 2 without her.

3 minutes ago, coldpurry said:

I don't think Barbie will have any sequel

This is a standalone movie

It doesn't require a sequel

WB should be busy with DCU the next few years

They won't feel the urge to make a barbie sequel for money only

It’s Mattel and WB we’re talking here. Also, it makes way too much sense. And this is coming from one of the major superhero fans here, but variety is a good thing. Neither WB or Disney should just make superhero films. I love them, but a Barbie sequel helmed by Gerwig is a no brainer.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, coldpurry said:

WB should be busy with DCU the next few years

They won't feel the urge to make a barbie sequel for money only

Have you seen their financial state recently? 

I’m dubious this doesn’t become some kind of franchise, and can only hope it’s a true sequel, and not some half-baked spin-off that just carries the name. But it might take a while, like Pixar films 

Just now, M37 said:

Have you seen their financial state recently? 

I’m dubious this doesn’t become some kind of franchise, and can only hope it’s a true sequel, and not some half-baked spin-off that just carries the name. But it might take a while, like Pixar films 

That’s my take as well. Around 5 years+ for it, if not more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Zack Snyder’s Barbie v Ken, coming to a big screen near you in 2025. 

I was thinking Snyder too, but a poster with “Who is Ken Galt?” above a pink Earth and below that, “Barbie Shrugged.”

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think WB would be more wise to get Greta on a first look deal either directing, producing or writing and also get LuckyChap on a first look deal.

I sincerely doubt that Gerwig will potentially get out of a Netflix deal to sign yet another first look deal with WB. She owns Hollywood right now. Signing something like that would be limiting herself. 

41 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

We can always hope that Narnia goes the way of Masters of the Universe at Netflix. I really don’t think Greta needs the faith weirdos hating on her for Narnia as well, it doesn’t seem like a good fit for her. Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Bond, give her the keys to all the franchises and let her pick what she wants to do next. I like the idea of directors that make "one for them, one for me", and I think she could thrive on that.

As a Christian, I wouldn't want Greta anywhere near the Narnia series. We'll kill it buzz wise before Day 1. It will be Noah all over again. 

Just now, lilmac said:

As a Christian, I wouldn't want Greta anywhere near the Narnia series. We'll kill it buzz wise before Day 1. It will be Noah all over again. 

Like I’ve said, yeah, this is a project that Greta needs desperately run the fuck away from.

41 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

WB would be incredibly stupid to try to make Barbie 2 without her.

I don't think another director for Barbie 2 is necessarily a stupid decision.

Honestly, Margot Barbie story really concluded in the movie and it's clear Greta told the story she wanted. It will be pretty difficult to make a direct sequel for the character without destroying the ending.

I see more possibilities for a new director and a new Barbie (and Ken) for Barbie 2.

Edited by Kon