upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

1 minute ago, reddevil19 said:

Sounds like Fallen Kingdom to me.

Anyway, what I think people are saying isn't so much about the look of the films (getting creative filmmakers onboard will allow for some unique style, sure, but it's still dinosaurs with the JP brand that matters) but the genres, in a way similar to superhero movies. You use the dinosaurs to go for a heist movie, or a spy caper or whatever. I get it - there's definitely potential. We'll see soon enough since Universal will for sure not let too much time pass before something new gets announced. 

Thats what i also expect and kind of dread honestly. Id want the franchise to take a hiatus for a further 4 years at least, but Jurassic Park is Universals biggest moneymaker together with Despicable Me/Minions and Dominion still made a billion despite the reception.

I just hope that if they indeed will announce a new film in the next 2 years or so, that they have a plan what they want to do going forward and not just rush out something.

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Look do what they want to do just no locusts please...

Absolutely no Locusts 

And more Mosasaur, always have more Mosasaur

In Jurassic World movies, the focus on Mosasaurus is directly proportional  to the Critical and Commercial reception of the movie.

Jurassic World had most Mosasaurus, Fallen Kingdom had less, Dominion just forgot about it.

And we can see the results.

• Haha 1

I'm willing to bet someone at Universal is now thinking of pitching an idea to Nolan along the lines of...

"James Bond, but with dinosaurs. Think about it, Chris. That portion with the underground commerce and running on roofs in Malta, but 3 hours long, filmed all in IMAX"

"Can I get 25% first dollar participation?"

"Errr...ok. It's gonna make two billion anyway."

"Can I cast my new bff, RDJ and half of Hollywood?"

"PLEASE DO!"

"Maybe Tom Hardy as an unintelligible secret agent tracking a Russian mobster that wants to use dinosaurs to do mobster things?"

" Sounds good"

"Thinking...minimal CGI"

"Umm... right. How will you..?"

"We film gekkos from REAL close up, and maybe put some make up on them"

• Haha 5
  • Astonished 1

10 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Look do what they want to do just no locusts please...

I can understand why they used them as a plot element in Dominion (keeping in line with older JP themes), but yeah, it wasnt a good idea and they should definetly never do it again. People come for dinos, not oversized insects.

5 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Absolutely no Locusts 

And more Mosasaur, always have more Mosasaur

In Jurassic World movies, the focus on Mosasaurus is directly proportional  to the Critical and Commercial reception of the movie.

Jurassic World had most Mosasaurus, Fallen Kingdom had less, Dominion just forgot about it.

And we can see the results.

I can get behind that formula.

3 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I'm willing to bet someone at Universal is now thinking of pitching an idea to Nolan along the lines of...

"James Bond, but with dinosaurs. Think about it, Chris. That portion with the underground commerce and running on roofs in Malta, but 3 hours long, filmed all in IMAX"

"PLEASE DO!"

"Maybe Tom Hardy as an unintelligible secret agent tracking a Russian mobster that wants to use dinosaurs to do mobster things?"

" Sounds good"

"Thinking...minimal CGI"

"what if Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez show up in a car chase scene?"

"Where do I sign?"

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

"what if Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez show up in a car chase scene?"

"Where do I sign?"

In all seriousness, I advocated - including n these boards - for the third film to be a crossover ever since the end of Fallen Kingdom. Dinosaurs on the loose, we need a specialized team to track and capture them, using cars. Obviously that would have been insanely expensive, but it could have breathed new life into FF (with 8 already showing signs of wear and tear a bit) and also slowed down any JW decay.

• Disbelief 1

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

I think what Star Wars really needs though is to let the Skywalker Saga truly be over. Start something new, new characters, new storylines. The Sequel Trilogy is so divisive among fans for many reasons, but one of the main ones is: When you use old, beloved characters in your new film, people will have certain expectations for those characters and they will be unhappy if you use these characters in ways that piss people off. Im not taking sides here, im just saying that is a reality that many franchises face, but Star Wars handled it arguably worse than others.

A new storyline would erase that risk. Without Luke, Han, Leia, Rey, Finn etc. there is no real baggage left. Set the new movies 1000 years in the past or the future. And then, of course, just write a good script. I think this would please most Star Wars Fans a lot more than a continuation of the ST's storyline.

Thank you.

This 👆👆👆.

When they announced Rey project was so whelmed then read the planned synopsis involving her and the formation of  new Jedi order and just rolled my eyes " this again". 

Previous saga heavily revolved around the fall and reformation(sort of..) of the Jedi order.

And more standalone stories pliz. Would have been down for a low key  Rey  palpatine solo adventure that doesn't involve the Jedi order or the stakes of galactic war . Something like her trying to save a town from bandits on like a 150m budget or like have the story just revolve around one planet . 

If that does well do sequels and have those be solo adventures too like Indiana Jones style  Enough with overarching plots or galactic level threats.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

29 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

"PLEASE DO!"

" Sounds good"

"Thinking...minimal CGI"

This combination does sound like a money making machine, maybe except the gekko part lol

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Looking back, there were a lot of mistakes made with that movie. The marketing was bizarre, there wasn't any real hook, and it had an awful release date which was awful even before the Barbenheimer phenomenon took shape. The "Part One" moniker was the tip of the iceberg. There's a reason the likes of Avengers 3 and Spider-Verse 2 ultimately dropped it by the time their marketing began.

I am so utterly dreading the short sighted Josstice-level reshoots that are inevitable for MI8 now.

why? Because of a shortfall from Americans when it’s performed as well if not better than Fallout everywhere else? 

McQ and Cruise won’t be dictated to one iota on DR2. You can guarantee that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reddevil19 said:

I agree that the potential is there for the next chapter. But how exactly do you envision a different look and feel? Genuinely curious, what direction can they take to achieve that?

Even though it's not gonna happen and they won't hire actually good filmmaker (maybe they'll bring back Trevorrow again because money bags care only about money), the surface level plan is simple: come back to the original JP and ask why it was so special in the first place. Ground the whole thing, reduce the budget and scale, reject anything remotely resembling F&F of last Jurassic World flicks, shoot on film, real practical stuff that looks like it's practical and not heavily CGId over. Focus on creating great characters and actually have something to say with this movie. And bring back heart and soul which is as important as everything else. Space idea is amazing if you want another trashfire like last 2.

The problem with next non-park Phases of the Jurassic films is surely obvious and was the reasons why they wimped out of their promises in Fallen Kingdom and Dominion.

For all it may sound like a cool idea to do "What if dinos in real world"...you can't linger on it too long becuase ultimately military weaponry and modern technology means that it simply isn't actually all that interesting. Any commitment to something resembling credibility just has dinosaurs being successfully managed and controlled.

So you can't do that outside of glimpses - hence why it had to be a 'black market' in a built up area and settings needed to be in the outlands. As any future movie has to be - it would have to be in isolation and in a base-style environment that limits the humans' resources. Which is probably what will happen.

3 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

And this would be just as terrifying.

Add some Geese to it and then see people cowering under their seats.

Geese attacking people are way more terrifying threats than dinosaurs tbh.

15 hours ago, Mango said:

Endgame was probably on a record number of screens as well. Over 4,600 theaters, I’d imagine at least 20,000 screens domestically. It’s $357m number isn’t as impossible to imagine when you factor in the screen count. TDK was on like 9,000 or so and Spider-Man 3 around 10-11,000. Add on the development of premium screens, IMAX, and 3D.

TDK was on ~9,200 screens (94 of them were IMAX).

12 minutes ago, eeetooki said:

Geese attacking people are way more terrifying threats than dinosaurs tbh.

I have visited a park where they have Geese in my city and I've seen them.

1.) One Geese Just poking a person sleeping on bench with their beak..... On the person's head.

2.) Another day I was sitting with ny friend and a passing geese biting my jeans.

3.) And chasing around teenage  kids dumb enough to tease them.