upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

1 minute ago, ZeroHour said:

You're not ready for Jane Campion's ViewFinder movie?

Do you guys remember when Gyllenhaal would win awards for The Lost Daughter and she made it sound like Campion was the first woman to ever make a movie. And then Campion started buying into that resulting in her disastrous Critics Choice speech.

I'll take a quick minute to talk about another movie that is definitely interesting to track and that's of course sound of freedom.

It didn't have a big Tuesday bump. I can only assume that's because of the crowds it's attracting. I think they'll go see it on any night whether it's a Tuesday a Sunday Thursday or whatever. Maybe that's why the bumps aren't so huge on a Tuesday and it doesn't drop all that hard on a wednesday. It passed 130 million yesterday and Guru says he sees it finishing between 150 and 175. I think this is just one more thing you can add to the list of Guru not really showing his once famous box office prowess. Let's say it has another 25% drop this weekend. Brings it down to around 15 million. That's going to put it at 150 million. I don't know where it's going to end up but it's going to fly past 175 and I'd like to see it hit 200. And I think it can.

And now today it was reported that it's going to be released in about two dozen other countries in the imminent future, one of them being the UK which is a big market. I don't know how this film is going to resonate with international audiences but I'm pretty sure it's going to have the same effect on them as it did on me and everyone else that I know who seen it. Could this little movie with no budget no marketing get north of $300 million worldwide?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Do you guys remember when Gyllenhaal would win awards for The Lost Daughter and she made it sound like Campion was the first woman to ever make a movie. And then Campion started buying into that resulting in her disastrous Critics Choice speech.

No. I didn't know anything about this. Do you have a link to show this speech

34 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Waiting a bit to see on that 26 number, but if it happens I think #3 all time 2nd weekend is a possibility. 

Thats how it gets there with nearly the same holds as TDK second weekend. 

Man that's epic, haha. I think it's way more interesting and fun to see these kind of legs instead of the movie's opening weekend at $220M and then pooping out faster. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'll take a quick minute to talk about another movie that is definitely interesting to track and that's of course sound of freedom.

It didn't have a big Tuesday bump. I can only assume that's because of the crowds it's attracting. I think they'll go see it on any night whether it's a Tuesday a Sunday Thursday or whatever. Maybe that's why the bumps aren't so huge on a Tuesday and it doesn't drop all that hard on a wednesday. It passed 130 million yesterday and Guru says he sees it finishing between 150 and 175. I think this is just one more thing you can add to the list of Guru not really showing his once famous box office prowess. Let's say it has another 25% drop this weekend. Brings it down to around 15 million. That's going to put it at 150 million. I don't know where it's going to end up but it's going to fly past 175 and I'd like to see it hit 200. And I think it can.

And now today it was reported that it's going to be released in about two dozen other countries in the imminent future, one of them being the UK which is a big market. I don't know how this film is going to resonate with international audiences but I'm pretty sure it's going to have the same effect on them as it did on me and everyone else that I know who seen it. Could this little movie with no budget no marketing get north of $300 million worldwide?

I think this movie will do pretty well (if it hs promotion there) in Middle- and South America.

Not so sure about Europe, I don't see it making tons of money here.

But who knows - no one expected it to gross more than $150 million in the US weeks ago...

12 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Movieman expectation is nuts. It's going to very soft Friday increase. So far I see lower showcount than today. I hope it goes up.

Just running same holds as TDK. In theory, it should hold better being neither a sequel or CBM

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, baumer said:

I woundt say no budget. At least wikipedia lists it at 14,5M. Sure, thats very low and the movie will be extremely profitable, but its not something like say The Blair Witch Project.

Still, its arguably the biggest surprise of the summer next to Barbie/Oppenheimer (more so Barbie).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

Share your final 2nd weekend predictions by 11:59pm ET tonight for Barbie and Oppy.

Closest on each gets a free month of Gold tier (no ads, more likes, etc.).

Must quote this post so it's easy to keep track!

Barbie - 90,553.235

Oppenheimer- 50,000,000

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Just running same holds as TDK. In theory, it should hold better being neither a sequel or CBM

It does not work that way. Its week days are behaving like weekend. Plus it's losing some PLF. I want to see way more shows before seeing a normal Friday increase.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I woundt say no budget. At least wikipedia lists it at 14,5M. Sure, thats very low and the movie will be extremely profitable, but its not something like say The Blair Witch Project.

Still, its arguably the biggest surprise of the summer next to Barbie/Oppenheimer (more so Barbie).

Yes I hear you buddy but this isn't 1999 anymore. There's not many films that have the micro budgets like Blair witch or paranormal activity or clerks and so on. 14.5 million dollars for a film that at least in my opinion looks like it cost at least triple that, it's a pretty small budget.

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

It does not work that way. Its week days are behaving like weekend. Plus it's losing some PLF. I want to see way more shows before seeing a normal Friday increase.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

But it's not dropping like TDK in the weekdays which could mean lower increases.

People also said TDKs weekday holds at the time were absurd. Doesn’t necessarily mean healthy weekend jumps can’t happen. It’s a matter of is it just spillover driving it or is it truly becoming a WOM phenomenon 

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

Share your final 2nd weekend predictions by 11:59pm ET tonight for Barbie and Oppy.

Not playing for the gold but still would like to be in the competition because I never win these things lol

Barbie - 93.53

Oppenheimer - 51.79

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Not playing for the gold but still would like to be in the competition because I never win these things lol

So youre like the BOT version of Manchester United?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

Barbie - $100.04M

Oppenheimer - $60.68M

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

Barbie - $104.3M

Oppenheimer - $52.7M

• Like 1