katnisscinnaplex

Weekend Thread 7/28-7/30 - Barbenheimer Week 2; Barbie 93M/Oppy 46.2M - Haunted Mansion & Talk to Me OW; Mansion 24.2M, Talk 10M

1 hour ago, XXR Dar-Benn said:

This is everything I think makes over $150M next year as long as nothing moves. I'm not expecting a $600M+ finisher....

Deadpool 3 = $525M

Despicable Me 4 = $460M

Inside Out 2 = $360M

Mufasa = $350M

Kung Fu Panda 4  = $330M

Joker: Folie a Deux = $320M

Captain America 4 = $275M

Sonic 3 = $250M

Thunderbolts = $225M

Elio = $200M

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes = $180M

Snow White = $180M

Venom 3 = $180M

Wicked = $175M

GxK: New Empire = $160M

MI:DR2 = $150M

Furiosa = $150M

Scream 7

The Conjuring: Last Rites

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

$150M+ I think.

Wow. Is it mostly studio shot too? 
I guess I’ll find out for myself when we get it over here, but that’s mind blowing they spent that much without any A-listers infront or behind the camera. 

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

Wow. Is it mostly studio shot too? 
I guess I’ll find out for myself when we get it over here, but that’s mind blowing they spent that much without any A-listers infront or behind the camera. 

That budget comes with an asterisk because this remake was in development hell for the better part of a decade, and when these hellspawns are actually released the studio usually rolls all the failed development costs into the final budget. So that could be why the budget seems too high.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

$150M+ I think.

Apparently, according to friends who've seen it, Haunted Mansion did try to make back some of its budget with the most egregious product placements found in recent movies...so there's that...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TMP said:

If it's as good as the TV show that it's a sequel to, maybe not lol

I don't know what is it about Anthony Mackie. He's so charming as himself but him as Captain America bores the hell out of me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Do you see it making 300M+?

Needs just under a 4 multi from this weekend to get there. Dunkirk fell a little harder in it's second weekend (-47%) but had some great holds in the following weekends for a 4.5 multi after the 2nd weekend

Might be close but reckon an IMAX/Academy Award re-release could get it there (especially if holiday/winter ends up being barren)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Unfortunately Feige seems to have gotten greedy by getting the FF villain rights and burning up Kang prematurely.

Let’s be honest

The MCU has pretty consistently done poorly on the villain front 

So many of them killed off prematurely 

14 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Apparently, according to friends who've seen it, Haunted Mansion did try to make back some of its budget with the most egregious product placements found in recent movies...so there's that...

Embarrassed Shame GIF