katnisscinnaplex

Weekend Thread 7/28-7/30 - Barbenheimer Week 2; Barbie 93M/Oppy 46.2M - Haunted Mansion & Talk to Me OW; Mansion 24.2M, Talk 10M

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Honestly WB might move a title or two to balance the books for next year, they did with HBP 15 years ago because TDK made so much money and they needed a banker for the year after. 

Wonka I think is safe and I get the sense they're really confident in it hence why it was attached to Barbie. 

The WB attachments before my Barbie showing last weekend were Blue Beetle (will it move the needle much for a title that has no buzz to begin with? Probably not), Wonka, and The Color Purple. Pretty sure the latter two are staying no matter what. It's a question of what happens to Aquaman since that hasn't officially begun its in theater marketing yet (though Momoa's hosting of Shark Week last week was likely a tie-in for it).

37 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Do you see it making 300M+?

I mean... There's still the chance it slows down and misses going above 275, but the odds seem in favour of over 300, with extended IMAX run, if third weekend drop is good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

#NoBarbenheimer Campaign in Japan has intensified in Japan. Not Good for Barbie which is set to debut on Friday (8/4)

don’t peek too hard with trends from Japan . Their culture doesn’t work like US . Social media hashtags don’t have any bearing in how society functions there . 

1 minute ago, hasanahmad said:

don’t peek too hard with trends from Japan . Their culture doesn’t work like US . Social media hashtags don’t have any bearing in how society functions there . 

We have 3x more active users than US. Twitter is a powerful SNS in Japan (Just like Weibo in China)

4 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

#NoBarbenheimer Campaign in Japan has intensified in Japan. Not Good for Barbie which is set to debut on Friday (8/4)

why exactly is this person outraged about here ? Just because official Barbie twitter account tweeted that this is a summer to remember ?

3 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

They will be broken up by then. 

Yeah probably, and he will be so minimized from the promo tour when it finally rolls around. I love that for him...

I'm surprised that IMAX isn't a bigger part of Oppenheimer's gross, especially domestically. The movie is enjoyable without it but the IMAX run gets the most attention.

8 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

But given that they are the direct victim of atomic bomb, I think meme an actual tragic event in an victim country is a very insensitive gesture. So I don't blame their reaction.