katnisscinnaplex

Weekend Thread 7/28-7/30 - Barbenheimer Week 2; Barbie 93M/Oppy 46.2M - Haunted Mansion & Talk to Me OW; Mansion 24.2M, Talk 10M

Honestly, I’d love to see Oppenheimer do a billion. When are we ever going to have the opportunity again for 2 movies released on the same weekend to be billion dollar movies?

• Like 9

6 hours ago, AniNate said:

Personally I find the t shirt designs pretty distasteful myself, the bombs shouldn't be romanticized regardless of where they went off.

You don't have to agree with them, but don't dismiss the feelings of the populace that beared the brunt of the bomb's horrors. 

I think people should realize the film is not celebrating nuclear bombs as something that are cool or oh wow cool explosions. 

It a deep dive into the mindset of the person who invented the bomb and how the development of such technolgy radically shifted the tragectory of society in almost all aspects.

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Opp above TDK WW? Insanity, it’s like we’re back in the 30s-60s when these types of dramas could be some of the biggest movies. 

Need China give the insane boost then it will work,even TDK rise,Nolan is very popular and this movie is about fighting against Empire of Japan,so maybe it will.

Edited by Sophia Jane

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Opp above TDK WW? Insanity, it’s like we’re back in the 30s-60s when these types of dramas could be some of the biggest movies. 

Wasn't the godfather once the highest grossing film of all time back in the 70s? Times sure have changed

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I really want an electric car but the prices are still too high at the moment. 

Everyone but Tesla are price gouging at the moment due to "Stealership" model we are stuck with. I am not sure which state you are based out of, but you should be eligible for Federal EV rebate and some states even have their own rebate. Those living California who are below certain income threshold can buy Model 3 cheaper than any Gas Car !!! I can tell owning a Bolt EV that cost of ownership post purchase is way lower than gas cars. Fewer parts to fail. Only factor is ability to charge either(preferably both) at home/work. 

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

To all the BOTers who played the prediction game for a 1-month Gold account, I'll tabulate everything late tonight or early tomorrow after actuals are in.

If anyone's peeked at the closest already... well, I'm still gonna do it, and no spoilers please!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Hoping Killers and Napoleon can continue the streak. 

regardless of what I say in this post I’m still really excited for both these movies.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if with Killers/Napoleon we have a bit of a repeat of Revenant/In the Heart of the Sea, with Killers being the Revenant both critically and commercially, and Napoleon being the Heart of the Sea both critically and commercially (big director, popular star, source material, big budget etc.)

25 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

Wasn't the godfather once the highest grossing film of all time back in the 70s? Times sure have changed

Yeah but what does that adjuat to in today's dollars and how many tickets did it sell?