katnisscinnaplex

Weekend Thread 7/28-7/30 - Barbenheimer Week 2; Barbie 93M/Oppy 46.2M - Haunted Mansion & Talk to Me OW; Mansion 24.2M, Talk 10M

2 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

You know, with Q4 2023 looking drier than a desert aside from Aquaman 2, I wonder if we'll start seeing more Avatar-style global rereleases for classic movies in order to have at least some product for exhibitors.

This is how Killers Of The Flower Moon does $1B. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

You know, with Q4 2023 looking drier than a desert aside from Aquaman 2, I wonder if we'll start seeing more Avatar-style global rereleases for classic movies in order to have at least some product for exhibitors.

Top gun 2 and it's gonna make more than MI7

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

From all the 2023 Q4 films, New Mutants record breaker delayed Aquaman 2 is the one you highlight? That’s… a choice, I guess. I will bet on that religious musical movie that @TwoMisfits mentioned earlier. 

Seriously though, the last half of 2023 is going to be a bloodbath. Not sure what can be done to salvage it, and classical movies won’t cut it. How is the Netflix 2023’s schedule for films and series again? I have a feeling that that is where the crowd will be going.

I know it’s depressing, but here is what I’m sure it’s getting to keep a release date and might be popular:

Netflix gets David Fincher’s The Killer, November 10th, 2023 (same date as The Marvels if they keep that date, btw) and Zack Snyder’s Rebel Moon, December 22nd. I’m not sure if Aquaman 2 isn’t getting Kraven’d.

6 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Aren’t you watching test screenings anymore? Give us the latest lol

I still do, but this summer I've been busy with something streaming service related and the strike has affected another thing I was working on. Only movie I've seen lately was an early test screening of The Creator.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I still do, but this summer I've been busy with something streaming service related and the strike has affected another thing I was working on. Only movie I've seen lately was an early test screening of The Creator.

Juicy, I want to see that film. I hope it delivers. I’m a big fan of The Protagonist.

PSA:

I’m happy to report that despite me being an idiot and completely forgetting that this was starting to go down this Friday, I was able to snatch myself a preorder for both the Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 themed PS5’s Dual Sense and the PS5’s Plates. I thought I fucked up because the Amazon link was telling me that it was sold out but I managed to find another vendor here in Brazil. I have a vanilla white PS5 original plate so even if this wasn’t cool as fuck this would be a get, so there you go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

From all the 2023 Q4 films, New Mutants record breaker delayed Aquaman 2 is the one you highlight? That’s… a choice, I guess. I will bet on that religious musical movie that @TwoMisfits mentioned earlier. 

What I meant was that Aquaman 2 will win by default because of everything else around it being pushed off to next year because of these strikes. And since Aquaman 2 represents a dead franchise Warner wants to get rid of as soon as possible, I find it unlikely it moves, because that would mean they actually have some faith in it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

What I meant was that Aquaman 2 will win by default because of everything else around it being pushed off to next year because of these strikes. And since Aquaman 2 represents a dead franchise Warner wants to get rid of as soon as possible, I find it unlikely it moves, because that would mean they actually have some faith in it.

Q4 we have at the top of my head The Marvels, Dune 2, Hunger Games prequel, Wonka and Aquaman 2. I’m not sure about the odds of The Marvels moving, it’s the one film that has a trailer released one week ago that literally ends with the November 10th date. 

I’m iffy that The Marvels is moving, but either The Marvels or Dune 2 are moving, or both. With that said, I’m 100% sure that Wonka is keeping its date, more so than Aquaman 2. And I mean, it’s not like delaying it even further wouldn’t mean that it’s sending that film to die, the last we heard is that it’s still getting tweaked and with reshoots as late as last month. Kraven clearly was sent to die next year’s August. Wonka stays for the holiday season, but Dune 2 moves and maybe but unlikely The Marvels moves too.