The Wild Eric

Weekend Thread (8/11-13) | Demeter 750K Previews

39 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I can't believe I am being accused of taking part in one of the most hateful and evil things possible.

Oh, and racism is bad also.

I expected more from you tbh.

• Like 1

@baumer review from a friend of mine with no spoilers and that it is similar to my thoughts (he goes hard for the acting part, I think it is great but not sure about awards, but I don't really care about that, Starr was great and I loved him in it)

Screenshot-20230812-014609-Letterboxd.jp

• Thanks 1

Godzilla 2014 becomes boring as hell once Godzilla shows up an hour through, the first hour is a lot more interesting. Before that it was carried by Cranston's performance. TBH these monsterverse movies shouldn't be more than 90 minutes long or else they become super boring.

Edited by Bob Train

3 minutes ago, Eric the Turtle said:

I mean it's Reddevil's fault actually. He was the dude who brought up Rogue One lmao

He doubled down on it with racism in it as well. Killer combo. It is like a friend of mine telling me the Eternals dude and the Doctor Strange dude were the same. Immediatly blocked him from my life :hahaha:

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The entire atmosphere is very frightening. That and creepy Antony Starr (the dude that plays the father). The movie also plays it a bit like a fable at some times. I hope you enjoy it.

Yes I hate the father already. The mother is crazy but the father is just scary as hell. And yes I'm loving it so far. And did you happen to see at the very beginning in the credits? Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg produced this. I'm so glad you mentioned it because I'm really enjoying it so far. It's not scary so far but it's just creepy as hell.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Yes I hate the father already. The mother is crazy but the father is just scary as hell. And yes I'm loving it so far. And did you happen to see at the very beginning in the credits? Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg produced this. I'm so glad you mentioned it because I'm really enjoying it so far. It's not scary so far but it's just creepy as hell.

Yeah, I am aware. Apparently there is a rumor floating they are insanely pissed at Lionsgate for how they handled the release of the movie. It could have done decently as a wide release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Last Jedi and Rogue One are great but I am a fan of The Force Awakens as well. 

Solo is entertaining. Rise of Skywalker is trash fanfic nonsense.

Force Awakens still works for me, oddly enough. Just a very fun movie. Rogue One ist the best 50 Minute Movie Star Wars movie ever, The Last Jedi i can never decide if id give it a 9/10 or 3/10, but i definetly dont hate it, and Rise of Skywalker is the best Star Wars Parody/Spoof movie ever made

And yes, Godzilla 2014 is a legit masterpiece.

• Like 1

Just now, Brainbug said:

Force Awakens still works for me, oddly enough. Just a very fun movie. Rogue One ist the best 50 Minute Movie Star Wars movie ever, The Last Jedi i can never decide if id give it a 9/10 or 3/10, but i definetly dont hate it, and Rise of Skywalker is the best Star Wars Parody/Spoof movie ever made

And yes, Godzilla 2014 is a legit masterpiece.

I subscribe this. Godzilla '14 is the tits.

It is kinda crazy how bad of a taste Rise of Skywalker left in my mouth because not that I think about it, I like the other 4 modern Star Wars movies.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:

He doubled down on it with racism in it as well. Killer combo. It is like a friend of mine telling me the Eternals dude and the Doctor Strange dude were the same. Immediatly blocked him from my life :hahaha:

I blame Universal for not naming the movie "Dracula Boat." If they had, it would have opened to $100m and it would be pages of posts talking about what a breakout it was. Instead, we had to start talking about Mr. Robot featuring the star of Sound of Metal and then of course Star Wars.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, LonePirate said:

The one thing I love about these weekly Star Wars discussions is the consistent dislike everyone here has for TRoS. We may love or hate different films in the series but we universally loathe TRoS.

i don't hate it, can't make 500m+ domestic for being totally hated

4 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

The one thing I love about these weekly Star Wars discussions is the consistent dislike everyone here has for TRoS. We may love or hate different films in the series but we universally loathe TRoS.

Lol the last thread when I mentioned JJ Abrams that's the real "He Who Must Not Be Named". I like alot of his films but his career is a good example of what's wrong with alot of the studio system today.