RyneOh1040

Taylor Swift || The Eras Tour Concert Film - October 13, 2023 | Comes to Disney+ w/ 5 bonus songs

Bieber's Never Say Never in 2011 did 30M in OW and total run was 73M...it wasn't as frontloaded as some of the anime flicks. 2.4 multiplier is quite decent for something like this. Considering how so many shows are already sold out on opening weekend for this one, I don't think it's going to be as frontloaded as some others have suggested here

• Like 7

1 minute ago, upriser7 said:

Bieber's Never Say Never in 2011 did 30M in OW and total run was 73M...it wasn't as frontloaded as some of the anime flicks. 2.4 multiplier is quite decent for something like this. Considering how so many shows are already sold out on opening weekend for this one, I don't think it's going to be as frontloaded as some others have suggested here

Exactly, I also feel like there will be a decent amount of repeat viewings. I know people who have gone to the concert more than once.

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

If this is a club, put me in the $100M DOM OW (if Thursday shows counts for that OW)...

There aren't any Thursday shows on the OW; the shows start on the 13th. After that, it seems like the dates are Thursday-Sunday but I wonder if the schedule will change based on demand.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Yeah I feel like the demand is just so big that people will be forced to not go the first day. Even swifties won't stoop to the front seats 

Anecdotally, I opted for the PLF format cause I want the best sound possible. We ended up at 12Pm on Saturday. 

The other girl factor is this will 100% be a social event. And there is no spoiler factor. All the Swifties have been following along on Twitter from the crowd reports and videos. The set list is known. There is no rush to see this like a comic book rush. The priority is Best Seats and When Can My Friends All Go Together. 

• Like 3

For whatever reason here in my corner of the Midwest, presales aren’t usually a big thing. But holy carp, I just checked my local Cinemark (all boring regular non PLF screens) and this thing’s four shows on the 13th are already 30-50% sold, and weekend seats are starting to sell too. And that’s at almost $20 a ticket (normal price tops out about $9.50 for prime time shows). They have it showing Thurs-Sun thought 11/5, with one Tuesday opportunity on Halloween. $100 million OW? Easy. Put me down for that and a $300 million+ total domestic.

her tour has been a massive cultural thing. Tik tok even create like a specific session for every date. 

honestly i think even the average pop fan-listener could like to see this biggest event they missed (cause tickets weren't enough or they were too expensive) and just a couple of month after it ended. 

So i don't think it's just "for her fans", certainly most for them but all the big audience of fans of pop music could go to see it, even after weekend 1.

I mean in america who doesn't know at least 10 (15?) taylor swift songs, so everyone can enjoy it if they like pop music. It's not like justin bieber in 2009, bts, hannah montana etc.. these were honestly more just for their fanbases. 

• Like 3

also the event is not limited if i didn't get wrong and could stay on theaters until there is an audience... so surely most of the fans will watch it more than one time. This kind of event definitely has a bigger "rewatch value" than everything. 

Edited by vale9001

The whole thing is fascinating. Never expected this tour to get so big.

Thankfully TS has not found the same success in film yet. The last two films she was in Cats and Amsterdam flopped spectacularly. She should just stick to being a singer.

Edited by Mojoguy

Sales at a nearby AMC theater (Minneapolis suburbs) are absolutely bonkers...Friday sales are already at 98% occupancy (8 shows) whereas Saturday sales are also already nearly 85% full (14 shows). I expected sales would be strong in this area but damn didn't expect even Saturday sales to be so insane already

• Like 1