RyneOh1040

Taylor Swift || The Eras Tour Concert Film - October 13, 2023 | Comes to Disney+ w/ 5 bonus songs

47 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Not sure why Taylor Swift didn’t go with October 6th. If anything, I feel like this could potentially hurt Killers of the Flower Moon. 

Because 13 is her favorite number. She number codes everything, hence the unusual special pricing. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Not sure why Taylor Swift didn’t go with October 6th. If anything, I feel like this could potentially hurt Killers of the Flower Moon. 

13 is Taylor's lucky number, that it falls on Friday this October is a bonus. She plans a lot of career stuff around the number 13. I mean, Nolan has a lucky weekend for his movie releases so...

AMC has scheduled more PLF showtimes for the opening weekend now that Exorcist comes out a week earlier.

Killers of the Flower Moon comes out on a different day, trying to Barbenheimer it with this seems infinitely more desperate than Saw Patrol or The Exorswift ever were.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1

One thing I will you for most fan driven blockbusters, presales tend to slow down dramatically after initial rush. Here its still fairly robust after crazy presales at start. I am thinking 900K tickets at MTC1 across the weekend at around $20 a pop. So you are talking 18m for just MTC1 and ATP increase for smaller chains would be even greater as their tickets are normally way cheaper. I hope @Inceptionzq does post updates for drafthouse and emagine as well.

Also good news is show count is growing though I don't understand why they are starting the shows at 6PM in US. Should start in the morning and see the sales get even more crazy.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

So you are talking 18m for just MTC1 and ATP increase for smaller chains would be even greater as their tickets are normally way cheaper. I

Yep. My nearest AMC (where I'm seeing the concert at) is +40% ATP over the equivalent time/show type tomorrow but the nearest Cinemark to me is +79% ATP.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

I’ll post Emagine tomorrow. Drafthouse as well if they ever get tickets up

Thank you @Inceptionzq. I hope Drafthouse does show the movie. it will do bonkers for sure.

Edit: its on sale tomorrow at drafthouse as well. https://drafthouse.com/show/taylor-swift-the-eras-tour

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Thank you @Inceptionzq. I hope Drafthouse does show the movie. it will do bonkers for sure.

Edit: its on sale tomorrow at drafthouse as well. https://drafthouse.com/show/taylor-swift-the-eras-tour

Yeah I saw it was in the system, was wondering why they still hadn’t gone live. Waiting for the Taylor Swift reference time I see lol

Just now, interiorgatordecorator said:

what were the prices for the concert this movie is based on like?

If you got them during the presale, they were $49-449 for regular seats and $299-899 for VIP. Once they hit the resell market though, the average price went through the roof due to the insane demand. Nosebleeds were going for $500+ and VIP's for $4000+. 

11 minutes ago, XXR's Eras Tour said:

If you got them during the presale, they were $49-449 for regular seats and $299-899 for VIP. Once they hit the resell market though, the average price went through the roof due to the insane demand. Nosebleeds were going for $500+ and VIP's for $4000+. 

what did a 49-dollar ticket look like?