Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | #FRI - Equalizer $13.1M, Barbie $2.50M, GT $1.56M, Beetle $1.52M, Opp $1.32M, TMNT $1.04M

12 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think Nolan could find a role for Denzel quite easily but more a supporting one than the lead.

Ya, 100%. I do think Denzel should definitely have had better movies in his filmography, but his career does also show a lot of versatility, which would give him the opportunity to slot into a lot of potential ensembles that Nolan likes. The question is if he'd want a lead role, though...

21 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Very good. I'm not too happy with the domestic weekend. It was running well ahead of TDKR in dailies and then dropped well below TDKR this weekend. That's a bummer, but at least it already cruised beyond $300M. It has also gone past Dunkirk's 3.72 multiplier (a nice milestone), but I don't think Oppy will make it to a 4.00 multi ($330M). 

Threequelizer was always going to be a bigger hit to it than any of the previous openers. Not only is it playing in premium formats like IMAX, but its demo will have been far likelier to watch Oppenheimer deep in its run. Only Barbie and Talk to Me in the top 10 had better holds this week, as well (though obviously actuals might see some slight adjustments all around). Nothing to be negative about imo. 

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Yeah, at this point I think it's safe to say that sequel ain't happening unless the TV series is a smash hit. What a letdown. The stench of the Bay movies is evidently still fresh in everyone's minds. Maybe they should've done the TV series first in order to ease folks back in, and then adapt it into the big screen.

I think Paramount would hope for a Spiderverse situation with the film continuing to get love on PVOD and streaming, leading to a great increase for the sequel. Combined with the low budget...think it's a strong possibility for a sequel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grebacio said:

Page Count is too low, so why don't we do our Taylor Swift songs ranking due this week's news?

Here's mine:
1. seven
2. End Game
3. Anti Hero
4. Blank Space
5. willow
6. Wildest Dreams
7. august
8. 22
9. cardigan
10. Karma

1. Style

2. Blank Spaces

3. Cruel Summer

4. I Knew You Were Trouble

5. Wildest Dreams

6. Love Story

7. You belong with me

8. Anti Hero

9. Karma

10. 22

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

Don't want to be the first person to suggest MCU but the potential of Denzel as Magneto to Giancarlo's Professor X is infinite. Especially in a Coogler or Peele directed X-Men.

I think it’s very important that Magneto is played by a Jewish actor and don’t really want a Magneto outside that. Especially when the MCU has shit Jewish representation.

Though of the current MCU director roster, Coogler is the only one who I think could pull off X-Men but I think after BP3, I would prefer and he should go back into original films or new things but I’m also okay if he sticks with Marvel as he’s their best director.

Edited by YM!

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

barbie will probably have again under 30% drop next weekend cause with the VOD release on Tuesday tik tok will be again full of videos and edits, this time in high quality. So new promo. 

Few days ago vod release was pushed to september 12, and according to some reports we may expect another delay.