CJohn

FLOP WEEKEND THRE4D | EXPEND4BLES GIG4BOMBS WITH 8.0M OW | HORROR WINS, THE REST LOSES | The Post-Bomb Venice Thread and Pre-Bomb Creator Thread | WE BOMBING, BOYS!

59 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

FUCK. Alamo Drafthouse is playing The Mummy tonight, and I wanna go.

But, I hate going alone. #Single

I LOVE going to the theater alone, one of my fave things to do. Just watching a movie, no one to bother you, and then going back home and thinking about the film  

• Like 9

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Honestly, if Barbenheimer had never happened we would all be in full blown panic about the ends of movie theaters rn. There hasn’t been any other bonafide hit since Spiderverse all the way back at the beginning of June. 

superhero, horror, and meme movies should be enough to keep theaters going longer 

11 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

If it wasnt for my real life beeing really stressfull right now, id be celebrating here way more!

Oh, sorry to hear that. I wish you the best. Things will improve I am sure. Sending you a virtual jurassic hug right now.

• Heart 2

8 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Honestly, if Barbenheimer had never happened we would all be in full blown panic about the ends of movie theaters rn. There hasn’t been any other bonafide hit since Spiderverse all the way back at the beginning of June. 

On the flip side, if Barbenheimer hadn't happened, these asshole execs would have pissed in their pants and gone to the negotiation table to end the strikes much sooner.

8 hours ago, abracadabra1998 said:

I LOVE going to the theater alone, one of my fave things to do. Just watching a movie, no one to bother you, and then going back home and thinking about the film  

Hmm, I just don't think that's me.

At least, not yet. I have a lot of anxiety when I'm out alone like that.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Hopefully Paw Patrol brings some life into it.

Probably …. But not in a good way. There were not high expectations for Expendables 4 - which it couldn’t even meet - but when the 3 new releases & expansions next week all disappoint, the lamenting will commence 

Morgan Freeman Quote GIF

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, M37 said:

Probably …. But not in a good way. There were not high expectations for Expendables 4 - which it couldn’t even meet - but when the 3 new releases & expansions next week all disappoint, the lamenting will commence 

Morgan Freeman Quote GIF

Paw Patrol’s problem is what someone has already pointed out in this thread: A huge part of the audience consists of 3-4-year-olds, and I am not taking my child of that age to the movie theater no matter how much they love(and they do love it) Chase, Skye and etc.

It is just too much hassle and they are not yet of an age where they’ll be annoying you incessantly about taking them to watch a particular movie anyway 

• Like 3