Giorno

9/29-10/1 Weekend Thread

1 hour ago, cheesypoofs said:

Saw 7, 8, and 9 lowered my interest in the series, but the word of mouth for Saw X may have reinvigorated it. I'm totally interested in it. In talking my oldest to watch the new Paw Patrol today but I'll definitely watch Saw X when it comes out to watch at home

Take your kid to Saw. Make him the coolest kid on the playground.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

JDW needs to go the supporting actor route.

I know he’s probably never going to get banished from these Hollywood blockbusters and end up on the straight to streaming circuit cause he’s Denzel’s son, but he just can’t carry a movie, no matter how much they push him.

He both looks and sounds bored in all his roles.

• Like 3

- N Saw X Lionsgate $8,000,000     3,262 $2,452 $8,000,000 1
- N PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie Paramount Pi… $6,800,000     3,989 $1,705 $6,800,000 1
- (2) The Nun II Warner Bros. $1,325,000 +165% -45% 2,871 $462 $73,409,534 22
- (-) Dumb Money Sony Pictures $1,300,000 +554% +31% 2,837 $458 $5,100,670 15
- (-) The Equalizer 3 Sony Pictures $750,000 +100% -45% 2,184 $343 $83,977,935 29
- (-) Stop Making Sense Cinecom $368,972 +185% +11% 786 $469 $2,336,918 14,225
- (-) Barbie Warner Bros. $365,000 +76% -54% 1,302 $280 $632,017,303 71
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

New Regency/20th Century Studios/Disney’s The Creator posted $5.6M on its opening day with an outlook of $14M. The movie gets a B+ which is higher than Ad Astra (B-), higher than Arrival (B) but just under Gravity (A-). It’s unfortunate that an original sci-fi movie, which the marketplace needs more of for franchise starters, and is commendable here for studios to continue to take risks on, is underperforming in the domestic marketplace. I hear that overseas is looking better for Creator with an outlook of $17M-$20M, which in likes-for-likes, is on par with Arrival; that movie ending its run at $102.8M abroad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Competition finally arrives, and nothing can hold better than -45%

The three new releases will bring in more than the entire box office last weekend (~$51.6M)

Honestly that's pretty good for Saw X considering that the NYC market was basically non existent yesterday and closed down.

I could see Saw X having a higher jump than usual for Saturday with NYC theaters being back open. It should hit 20M unless Friday was extremely front loaded. I'd say this could have even been tracking right on par with Smile if it wasn't for the weather. 

1 hour ago, Eric the Creator said:

Take your kid to Saw. Make him the coolest kid on the playground.

She does like certain horror movies. Like Michael Myers, Chucky... Stuff like that. I know the Exorcist absolutely freaks her out, idk about something like Saw yet haha 🤣

The first Paw Patrol movie was actually her first movie theater movie so I'm actually kind of excited to revisit it, she's been to a few other movies since at a movie theater or drive in theater. 

Edited by cheesypoofs

5 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

She does like certain horror movies. Like Michael Myers, Chucky... Stuff like that. I know the Exorcist absolutely freaks her out, idk about something like Saw yet haha 🤣

The first Paw Patrol movie was actually her first movie theater movie so I'm actually kind of excited to revisit it, she's been to a few other movies since at a movie theater or drive in theater. 

D'awwww. :wub: 

What's been some of her favorites since then?