Giorno

9/29-10/1 Weekend Thread

20 minutes ago, Eric the Creator said:

LMFAO WHAT

I thought with a title like that it was about a guy dealing with being blind. Why is it even called that? Because ducks have bad vision?

It's probably a reference to duck blinds, in hunting. Plus, the Robertsons hold themselves up as Christian and there seems to be a faith angle in the trailer, so it also could be a reference to the dad walking in (spiritual) darkness before he got saved.

A Duck Dynasty prequel probably would have made more during the show's heyday.

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

Movies bombing DOM and OS. Nobody wants anything. People are watching stuff at home.

I've seen Exend4ables called the worst movie of the year by quite a few and The Creator looked generic AF outside the visuals.  Also a movie where AI is presented as an oppressed minority through the face of a cute little girl isn't very timely given that is currently a hot button issue in the cultural zeitgeist with people losing their jobs to AI(its kinda like 'they tooker jerbs' except real).   Their BO performances mean nothing.

If Killers of the Flower Moon and Napoleon flop though, yeah that's gonna suck.  KIllers I think is in a safer position given the Scorsese/Leo combo, but Napoleon is a total wild card.  I don't think its gonna be a critical smash for Ridley Scott like Gladiator or The Martian(though I'd love to be wrong!) was nor a complete wtf turkey like Exodus, I think its gonna land somewhere in the middle(like 65%-80% on RT) which makes it quite hard to predict.  Basically, I think it will be like Kingdom of Heaven.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

But this place seems to have a hate boner for JDW that I don't understand at all.

Cause he's bad. Without a doubt the worst mainstream actor right now. I thought this was his worst performance where he awkwardly delivers lines like an aspiring teenager making his first short film. He does not seem able to show any emotion and rarely is able to seem naturalistic. The child gave a much better performance than him.

Edited by ringedmortality
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Cause he's bad. Without a doubt the worst mainstream actor right now. I thought this was his worst performance where he awkwardly delivers lines like an aspiring teenager making his first short film. He does not seem able to show any emotion and rarely is able to seem naturalistic. The child gave a much better performance than him.

I don't agree.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

If Killers of the Flower Moon and Napoleon flop though, yeah that's gonna suck.  KIllers I think is in a safer position given the Scorsese/Leo combo, but Napoleon is a total wild card.  I don't think its gonna be a critical smash for Ridley Scott like Gladiator or The Martian(though I'd love to be wrong!) was nor a complete wtf turkey like Exodus, I think its gonna land somewhere in the middle(like 65%-80% on RT) which makes it quite hard to predict.  Basically, I think it will be like Kingdom of Heaven.

Gladiator wasn't exactly critics darling, audiences loved it much more than critics.

Paw Patrol and Saw X are already success stories. And in the following weeks we will also see:

- Exorcist doing okish numbers.

- Eras Tour becoming the biggest concert event ever and scoring also biggest October opening.

- Killers of the Flower Moon (a R-rated 3hour+ period crime drama) opening really strong.

- Five Night at Freddy's overperforming with a strong chance to 100M DOM territory.

Add in very possible successful limited runs for Anatomy of a Fall, The Holdovers and The Killer. 

Not that bad for an October (3th weakest month historically) dealing with only 4 strong openings, streaming competition and a SAG strike. In fact, 700M+ for the month is in play, which would mean 5th highest cumulative gross in this period.

Anyways, doom and gloom will continue. I suppose in these days it's cool to be on the pessimistic side of everything

• Like 1