XXR vs XXR

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

20 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

But they literally aren't! They are releasing only one movie. How could people possibly still be saying it's too much.

They're releasing 4 each in 2025, 2026 & 2027 & sony would release atleast 2 Marvel movies every year, Morbius type. And upon that no spider-man 4 till 2027.

1 minute ago, Willowra said:

They're releasing 4 each in 2025, 2026 & 2027 & sony would release atleast 2 Marvel movies every year, Morbius type. And upon that no spider-man 4 till 2027.

One: no, they only have one movie scheduled in 2026/27, the Avengers.

Two: Sony does not have two every year either

Three: Spider-Man isn't scheduled for 2027 either

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

One: no, they only have one movie scheduled in 2026/27, the Avengers.

Two: Sony does not have two every year either

Three: Spider-Man isn't scheduled for 2027 either

Spider-Man 4 is unlikely to be released before Secret Wars. Just like Far From home was released after Endgame, they will go same route with SM4.

2026- feb DS3

May KD

July SC2

Nov Armor wars/Eternals 2

Edited by Willowra

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Why.

SM4 I don't think will get 2025 release date as they would release SV3 in 2025. So  my guess is they would release it after Secret Wars in July 2027, just like they released Far from Home after Endgame.

Edited by Willowra

Nothing's getting canned, Jesus. If they were going to cancel it why even delay it at all and not just take it off the slate.

Also, with as few spoilers as possible, that quote that the Loki finale ends in a way that they can't recast Majors: complete bullshit. No idea how they reached that conclusion.

Edited by SpiderByte

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Nothing's getting canned, Jesus. If they were going to cancel it why even delay it at all and not just take it off the slate.

Also, with as few spoilers as possible, that quote that the Loki finale ends in a way that they can't recast Majors: complete bullshit. No idea how they reached that conclusion.

That's what people are discussing. Why are they delaying the movies instead of canning them? Like what do they hope to achieve with the delays? We already saw the results of The Marvels which got delayed repeatedly and have money poured into only to still be a historical bomb.

That's the worst part, these Hollywood companies keep trying to polish the turd instead of just letting the turd be out and move on.

Edited by scytheavatar

36 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Thunderbolts is the finale of phase 5 as per Feige. I don't know why people think that they would cancel finale.

they easily could, everything we have heard about KD and secret wars the thunderbolts play no role In them thus making them useless for the overreaching story 

Thunderbolts should be canned or at least retooled so it isn't so connected to a bunch of projects no one cares about. If people complained about the "homework" for watching Marvels, just imagine T-Bolts, that have major connections to:

Ant-Man and Wasp

Black Widow

Eternals

Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Hawkeye

Captain America 4

By the time the movie comes out, those projects will be between 4 and 7 years past it, it's just absurd.

Sorry for being overtly very negative about Thunderbolts in this board, but it's my favorite comic book by far and I'm desperate that it will be an Eternals level failure and it will kill the team for good in media.

Ouch! 

I would just cancel Blade, it’s been pushed back so many times and had so much behind the scenes drama. I’m interested in Thunderbolts, but not sure many more people are. Captain America seems like a disaster too; testing poorly and reshoots Jan-May is significant. 

Having only 1 MCU film in 2024 (and it being a Deadpool film) is a good idea though, audiences are clearly tired of this and the reception has been all over the place this year with (what looks like) two big blunders.  

Edited by Krissykins

On 11/9/2023 at 12:32 AM, Willowra said:

The Marvels letterboxd rating is surprisingly still at 3.2 with 2.3k votes. Could this be 1st rotten MCU movie to get cinemascore in As?

Rating now 3.1, was down to 3 but raise to 3.1 now; looks like US audience liking it. Cinemascore B+ or A- is likely.

Edited by Willowra