XXR & Friends

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

1 hour ago, DInky said:

Thanks. Majors is done in MCU. This is not only cancel culture speaking. Its common sense and the right thing to do

• Like 2

Very likely that Marvel hired Waldron to redo the screenplay for "Kang Dynasty" (which will probably just shift to "Secret Wars, Part 1" or another title) to at the very least to have an alternative option, should the Majors case go downhill...and it's also likely why Cretton walked away...because this is more and more looking like it's not going to be the movie he signed up for. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

Not sure what Majors thought would happen here. Even if he's not found guilty of the incident he's on trial for, we now know he was violent with her before. What's his defense going to be after this, even if found innocent? "I didn't beat her up...that time".

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DInky said:

Not sure what Majors thought would happen here. Even if he's not found guilty of the incident he's on trial for, we now know he was violent with her before. What's his defense going to be after this, even if found innocent? "I didn't beat her up...that time".

The thing is this wasn’t admissible in court until his lawyers started asking her around it so the judge allowed it to be submitted. Majors from the start has been an arrogant fuck relying on the tool he’s obviously always relied on - being a bully.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Why is it that you always find a way to make everything look fine at Marvel studios. It is nauseating. 

...how? Marvels clearly waiting on the outcome of the trial but going "why on earth would he turn these texts over" is ridiculous. He legally cannot refuse to turn over the texts if they're relevant to the case.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

Majors has had the fastest rise and fall of any star I’ve ever seen. When creed 2 came out I remember thinking “how is this guy suddenly everywhere?” and now I’ll probably never see him in a movie ever again 

Creed 3 right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

...how? Marvels clearly waiting on the outcome of the trial but going "why on earth would he turn these texts over" is ridiculous. He legally cannot refuse to turn over the texts if they're relevant to the case.

You think they'll keep him if he's found not guilty even though more terrible info about him has come out during the trial? No way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DInky said:

You think they'll keep him if he's found not guilty even though more terrible info about him has come out during the trial? No way.

No, but exercising the morality clause in his contract and getting out without paying him a dime probably gets a lot easier if he’s found guilty. 

• Like 1

be honest they need a toxic male anti hero who becomes a hero to save his family or friends.

It will trigger twitter and cause controversy but it will be a smash hit. 

I am not saying this to get a reaction but I have notice such characters are very popular in many industries right now around the world.

Edited by Torontofan

11 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

be honest they need a toxic male anti hero who becomes a hero to save his family or friends.

It will trigger twitter and cause controversy but it will be a smash hit. 

I am not saying this to get a reaction but I havent notice such characters are very popular in many industries right now around the world.

Well...that was Tony Stark/Iron Man.  And yeah, we could use one of those again to loosen everyone up a bit...but Hollywood is just too afraid, I guess...and of course RDJ is one-of-a-kind, difficult to duplicate...

Edited by Macleod

2 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Well...that was Tony Stark/Iron Man.  And yeah, we could use one of those again to loosen everyone up a bit...but Hollywood is just too afraid, I guess...and of course RDJ is one-of-a-kind, difficult to duplicate...

That is true, the issue about such roles it requires epic acting skills an dedication. 

3 hours ago, DInky said:

Idk when they'll actually decide internally but I don't think we'll actually hear anything in any official capacity till the trial ends.

9 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

All Releases

DOMESTIC (41.6%)
$82,940,438
INTERNATIONAL (58.4%)
$116,456,624
WORLDWIDE
$199,397,062

RIP. A $343M raw drop from Captain Marvel's $426M. It managed to beat Force Awakens to Last Jedi ($316M) for the biggest raw sequel drop domestically. 

Their not establishing Captain Marvel in the MCU between her solo movies and not putting efforts into the sequel to a billion-dollar movie cost them a lot. The Marvels lost at least 200m in revenue (400m in box office), it flopped, and they have been forced to push Cap4 and Thunderbolts to 2025; this will cost them another 600-700m (1.2-1.5 billion in box office) of their 2024 revenue, plus they will now reshoot 2/3rd of Cap4, which will cost them another 150m, so in total they would lose around 1B in revenue or 2B worth of box office. They thought they would easily get away after making that big mistake, but they were wrong. And I think this mistake might haunt them again after 3-4 years. That's why it's important to fairly treat every lead character in a connected universe