XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

Marvel knows F4 needs to start production asap and introduce Dr. Doom, Avengers 5 should be a villain duo between a re-casted Kang (Denzel Washington) and Dr. Doom (Cillian Murphy).

Avengers 6 should be Ultimate Dr. Doom vs everyone.

Edited by Belakor

12 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

Docteur Doom is coming ?

I really don't think introducing Doom as an Avengers villain works. He has a very, very personal connection to the Fantastic Four that he just doesn't have with the others. Burning that right out of the gate would be the wrong move.

My guess is Beyonder, especially since he was also involved in the original Secret Wars.

2 minutes ago, Belakor said:

Marvel knows F4 needs to start production asap and introduce Dr. Doom, Avengers 5 should be a villain duo between a re-casted Kang (Denzel Washington) and Dr. Doom (Cillian Murphy).

Nothing would be more fucking boring than having Doom be the villain of Fantastic Four again. There literally has not been a single FF movie made where he was not the main bad guy. Build him up with the FF later, not just use him as a last ditch substitute.

Just now, SpiderByte said:

Nothing would be more fucking boring than having Doom be the villain of Fantastic Four again. There literally has not been a single FF movie made where he was not the main bad guy. Build him up with the FF later, not just use him as a last ditch substitute.

But it's because the character hasn't been build up properly, not because the character lacks something. Dr Doom is one of the best Marvel villains, up there with Thanos and Galactus.

2 minutes ago, Belakor said:

Denzel wouldn’t go near a Marvel movie. It took him the majority of his career to even agree to do a sequel with the Equalizer films, so he’s hardly going to sign up for a multi-film Marvel contract.

I also wouldn’t want an actor of his talent to waste his remaining years on Marvel movies either…

how do movie actor contracts work?

if actors have already been signed for a movie, and the movie ends up getting cancelled, does the studio need to pay the actors something even if they haven't done any work yet?

Just now, Belakor said:

But it's because the character hasn't been build up properly, not because the character lacks something. Dr Doom is one of the best Marvel villains, up there with Thanos and Galactus.

Yes, he is, but he has a very specific relationship with the Fantastic Four. That dynamic with Reed can't just be replicated with, say, Bruce Banner or something. Having him be too big so fast really hinders the chance to really show why he's one of Marvels best villains.

It'd be like if the villain of Avengers one were, say, Magneto instead of Loki. He's a big bad...but would he be the right big bad for that story? Does Doom work with his first appearance be as a godlike being the Avengers have to defeat?

2 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

how do movie actor contracts work?

if actors have already been signed for a movie, and the movie ends up getting cancelled, does the studio need to pay the actors something even if they haven't done any work yet?

Depends on the contract. But that isnt what's happening here, the movie is just being retitled, so it's not considered a different production. Infinity War Part 2 was changed to Endgame but they're not considered separate productions for instance

I guess it will all depend on if they want this Saga to focus on the F4, or the X-Men. You could use Kang as a bridge to whatever comes next (RECAST WITH AARON JENNINGS). Just finish off his story with Fantastic Four or something. I'd probably go Galactus first before Dr Doom, just to get the Eternals over with.

Kang is done theatrically.  If there's a Loki Season 3, the rest of his possible storyline will be wrapped up there with a new actor playing Kang.  And if there's not a Loki Season 3, then the ending of season 2 lets it rest, as does the movie ending of Quantumania (which few saw anyway, so few care about Kang).  

• Like 1

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Kang is done theatrically.  If there's a Loki Season 3, the rest of his possible storyline will be wrapped up there with a new actor playing Kang.  And if there's not a Loki Season 3, then the ending of season 2 lets it rest, as does the movie ending of Quantumania (which few saw anyway, so few care about Kang).  

They've all but said outright season 2 is the end. Especially with the way it ends.

I guess Marvel decided that if they were gonna take the black eye of needing to recast him they may as well take the black eye of just using a different villain altogether and rip the bandaid all off at once. I still hope it's not Doom though, unless you basically just have the FF run point like how the Guardians had such a large presence in Infinity War.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

I guess it will all depend on if they want this Saga to focus on the F4, or the X-Men. You could use Kang as a bridge to whatever comes next (RECAST WITH AARON JENNINGS). Just finish off his story with Fantastic Four or something. I'd probably go Galactus first before Dr Doom, just to get the Eternals over with.

The Eternals aren't connected to Galactus. If they do come back it'd be for an adaptation of Judgement Day probably, though there is that rumored animated series.

7 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Guardians of the Galaxy aren't connected to Spider-Man and yet

True but this is different. Thanos is a villain that's fucked up everyone, Doom has very specific ties to the FF that I'm not sure the character works without. I think Beyonder is the better bet.

39 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

This isn't much of a set back, let's be honest.

Kang's story was wrapped up in Loki, and he was beaten in Ant-Man.

No one is seriously going to give a shit if they ditch Kang completely. The general audience definitely doesn't care.

The setback is in having to rewrite/change up their plans which can set off a long chain of dominoes that might not be immediately apparent.

A minor example, but televised SW is still feeling the aftershocks of Gina Carano not being able to keep her yap shut in 2020/21.

Not A SW Thread (thank god) so I won't go into depth on it, but it seems fairly apparent to me that The Rangers of the New Republic getting cancelled/repurposed/development hell'd has had at least caused LFL to scramble to tell the stories they wanted to tell in that series.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

Glad Majors was found guilty. Fuck abusers. Tbh think they can just pivot from Kang and just try 838 vs 616/whatever the fuck universe MCU is. Doom is a goated villain and they shouldn't rush him although Doom is a big part of Secret Wars the comic, think The Beyonder (maybe they can bring back Laurence Fishburne for it) as the villain and the 838 Illuminati as antagonists who are pissed at Wanda and Strange fucking up their universe could be an interesting angle. 

• Like 1