XXR & Friends

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

People seemed to like Hunger Games. Plus the first writer hired on a Marvel thing is rarely the only one. Marvels hired a lot of director-writers in the past so I'm sure whoever they tap to direct will also take their own crack at it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Porthos said:

Also, gonna be honest with you, @HummingLemon496, saying a MCU film will top 1b ain't that uncanny, even with its dropoff last year. 

On the spicy take scale, it probably rates a Jalapeño, at best

Now saying that TGM will beat JWD and take the summer crown of 2022?!?

That's a SPICY MEAT-A-BALL!

(not a single person "IN'ed" until pre-sales for TGM started to roll in, and even then it was very very slight)

((the first page and a half is absolutely hilarious in hindsight))

Ok, that club. . holy shit that is actually fucking insane. Hell, TGM almost doubled JWD domestically. And that's coming from the guy who made the Sampson > Black Panther club haha.

And unrelated but I wonder what the reactions would've been if went back to like December 2020 and made a "MCU Spider-Man 3 > The Force Awakens opening weekend" club. 

Edited by HummingLemon496

12 minutes ago, YM! said:

Honestly, at this point they can wait until after the Multiverse saga for Blade.

Blade does seem to being haivng more then it's share of script problems.

On 5/22/2024 at 6:55 PM, eddyxx said:

All the great characters they haven’t done yet and characters who had shows that are fucking missing from the MCU for years now and they wasted a series on Agatha and Echo. What a fucking travesty.

I sense that Agatha will be great.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Major rewrites: Blade no longer a vampire hunter, now he's just a... LAD!

Just put this movie out of it's misery. The fact that M. ALI has stuck around is amazing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, YM! said:

Honestly, at this point they can wait until after the Multiverse saga for Blade.

Apparently RPK said Green is still on, they’re adding another writer for touches up and this user confused that.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I wonder if they're just saving the inevitable Spider-Man announcement for SDCC? They seem pretty far in and normally they'd have selected a date by now at least.

Well, they obviously still don't have an announcement to make...  😁  I'm pretty sure that once they've settled on a direction for this franchise, they would get it out there a.s.a.p.!  But yes, it's taken too long already.  The curse of following up a $2 Billion hit...more and more people will want a creative and monetary piece of the pie.  

Edited by Macleod

Posted (edited)

Another one of my hot takes (maybe?) is that attributing the entire $922M difference between Captain Marvel and The Marvels to Endgame is really weird. Come on now, do you actually think Captain Marvel would've done just $200 million worldwide if it weren't for Endgame? Even if Captain Marvel wasn't tied into Endgame -- let's say it released in July 2016 -- it still probably would've done a solid $600-700M WW.

14 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Another one of my hot takes (maybe?) is that attributing the entire $922M difference between Captain Marvel and The Marvels to Endgame is really weird. Come on now, do you actually think Captain Marvel would've done just $200 million worldwide if it weren't for Endgame? Even if Captain Marvel wasn't tied into Endgame -- let's say it released in July 2016 -- it still probably would've done a solid $600-700M WW.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone suggest that Captain Marvel would’ve flopped without Endgame. Just that it’s unlikely it would’ve crossed a billion without the Marvel hype machine being at its absolute peak at the time. 

As for The Marvels, there’s any number of likely reasons why it bombed. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone suggest that Captain Marvel would’ve flopped without Endgame. Just that it’s unlikely it would’ve crossed a billion without the Marvel hype machine being at its absolute peak at the time. 

As for The Marvels, there’s any number of likely reasons why it bombed. 

Yeah, it obviously would not have made that much without Endgame hype. I don't know why people tried to deny this. I mean it's not like that's a bad thing. 

22 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I have

No fucking clue who this applies to based on the series we know are in development 

I'm going to take a swing here @SpiderByte he's going to appear in Deadpool 3 as The Timebroker. Exiles series gets announced at D23. 

This will allow marvel to put some more mutants into play while also doing multiverse stuff.

( I'd expect one of the Deadpool variants from 3 to come into play in the series as a member.)

Posted (edited)

I agree that superhero fatigue exists but that only happens because of BAD movies. If every single MCU movie earned an A (like if Eternals/DS2/T4/AM3/Marvels didn't earn B's on CS) then we'd be having no talks about "Marvel fatigue" at all.