XXR & Friends

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

nobody cares about Kang

nobody cares about Falcon Cap

killing her off to set up the threat like Loki in Infinity War or having her powers sucked by Rogue in the X-Men movie are the only ways to go with this character

Please no. I don't want another Rose Tico situation.

I don't think Marvel is as reactionary as everyone here is claiming tbh. They aren't going to cancel Cap 4 or Thunderbolts over The Marvels.

Hopefully if they're at CCXP next week they'll show off some cool stuff. With SDCC skipped due to the strike I wouldn't be surprised if they put a little more push into that than normal.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't think Marvel is as reactionary as everyone here is claiming tbh. They aren't going to cancel Cap 4 or Thunderbolts over The Marvels.

Hopefully if they're at CCXP next week they'll show off some cool stuff. With SDCC skipped due to the strike I wouldn't be surprised if they put a little more push into that than normal.

I would like to think that as well but they just got their ass handed to them so we'll just have to wait and see how they'll react.

Every studio is reactionary when their back is against the wall. Marvel will be reactionary just like Lucasfilm and WB were. How reactionary, remains to be seen.

I think Rose Tico sucked as a character but the thing to do was to rewrite her into a good character, not nearly totally excise her character from the final Star Wars sequel. That's a lazy tactic. Brie Larson's Captain Marvel will never be loved but Marvel can still continue to work on her as a supporting character. And tone down her powers for goodness sake. She is way over powered. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It would be awesome to have a DP 3 trailer debut. Wishful thinking probably. Too soon probably not until Dune 2 will we get the first trailer.

3 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

It would be awesome to have a DP 3 trailer debut. Wishful thinking probably. Too soon probably not until Dune 2 will we get the first trailer.

Not that crazy. Indy 5s first trailer was at last year's and that was only a few weeks before where Deadpool is now, and was earlier in post. Plus...Disney doesn't really have a ton on their film slate for 2024 now. It's Inside Out, Apes, Alien, and Deadpool in terms of big tentpoles for the summer. They do also cover Disney+ stuff there but the films are usually the main focus of their presentations.

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Not that crazy. Indy 5s first trailer was at last year's and that was only a few weeks before where Deadpool is now, and was earlier in post. Plus...Disney doesn't really have a ton on their film slate for 2024 now. It's Inside Out, Apes, Alien, and Deadpool in terms of big tentpoles for the summer. They do also cover Disney+ stuff there but the films are usually the main focus of their presentations.

Good point. I would bet they at least show footage to the people there whether they cut a trailer that would go in front of Aquaman or something is another matter.  Fingers crossed.  

Those rumors about what Sony wants for the MCU Spider-Man 4 make me even less eager for that to ever get made. At this point, I think they’d be better off giving Tom Holland’s Spider-Man a send-off in Secret Wars. Disney doesn’t own the movie rights to Spider-Man anyway, and they still have the X-Men. 

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Those rumors about what Sony wants for the MCU Spider-Man 4 make me even less eager for that to ever get made. At this point, I think they’d be better off giving Tom Holland’s Spider-Man a send-off in Secret Wars. Disney doesn’t own the movie rights to Spider-Man anyway, and they still have the X-Men. 

This all the way. The Sony Univerese stans are just like what the hell. Like no thank you to that.

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

X-Men isn't as popular as Spider-Man.

Believe it or not, there was a time when the X-Men were the face of the Marvel Universe, and prior to the MCU, they were easily Marvel’s biggest property outside of Spider-Man. Yes, Spider-Man is more popular, but again, Disney doesn’t own the movie rights to the character. They do own the X-Men. Plus, Tom Holland has made it sound like he’s become disillusioned with the role since 2021. 

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

We got a Thunderbolts leak last week. Are we actually under the belief that it was an accidental slip-up from the Invincible creator? Or a well-timed and planned "slip-up?"

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

no it's totally wishful thinking for a movie that's only 55% finished shooting 

41 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

This all the way. The Sony Univerese stans are just like what the hell. Like no thank you to that.

Sony knowns their universe is absolutely cooked (I don't have much faith in Venom 3 and Madam Web-Kraven are going to bomb) 

Combining with the MCU is probably the best way forward for the SSU, however, it hurts the MCU branding

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

If they don’t believe in the sunk cost fallacy they won’t 

Edited by John Marston