Cap

THE UNMARVELOUS WEEKEND THREAD | FEATURING MELTDOWNS, ARMCHAIR ANALYSIS, AND SEXISM

4 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

No doubt and it's not the first failure under Kathleen at LucasFilm either.  Lightyear and some other Pixar movies have been pretty big money losers lately too.  All Disney.  

Instead of looking at Feige,  maybe more people should be questioning Bob Iger. 

They aren’t writing good movies.

For example, what was Pixar thinking with that story? Lightyear should be a Galaxy spanning adventure like Star Wars, not some small story set on one planet. 

• Like 1

Disney + looks abysmal, continues to loose subs and the competence continues to growth with strong content.

Marvel catalogue has lost the attractiveness it had a couple of years ago. 

Star Wars is basically a dead franchise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

This could get ugly fast. Hopefully, Marvel learned from the mistakes of The Marvels and don't proceed with Young Avengers film. Could that film even do $300M? I'm not so sure 

make it a paid disney + special 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

This could get ugly fast. Hopefully, Marvel learned from the mistakes of The Marvels and don't proceed with Young Avengers film. Could that film even do $300M? I'm not so sure 

If this ever happens it will be a D+ show. A movie of the Young Avengers would bomb as hard as Shazam 2/Blue Beetle.

• Astonished 1

wonder if things might have been different if instead of a 100 different Disney + shows they simply made a long-running show called young avengers or west coast avengers and told all of the disney plus stories as arcs instead of independent shows 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CJohn said:

If this ever happens it will be a D+ show. A movie of the Young Avengers would bomb as hard as Shazam 2/Blue Beetle.

20 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

make it a paid disney + special 

Making canon content for Disney+ is a bad idea imo. They should focus on content that are completely separate from the main storyline like DareDevil, X-men 97, What-if

Edited by TheFlatLannister

3 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

wonder if things might have been different if instead of a 100 different Disney + shows they simply made a long-running show called young avengers or west coast avengers and told all of the disney plus stories as arcs instead of independent shows 

make loki a movie and maybe allow them a more "prestige" limited series (lets say wandavision) every 2 or 3 years

1 hour ago, Bob-omb said:

I think we should see if The Marvels can get past its giant 270M budget. In order to "objectively" end up better than Indy, it must do more than 1.25 times its budget (Indianas BO 375M)/(I5 budget 300M = 1.25). Therefore, 270M The Marvels budget * 1.25 = 337.5M. If it ends up too far below from that multiplier, I would totally agree with you.  I belive that you are right but we have to wait (maybe walkups will save this movie like they did with the Flash KEKW)

You can't use gross budgets instead of net budgets and those numbers don't go up to release day. 

32 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

CALL SONY AND ADD SPIDERMAN PLS DISNEY!!! This is your only hope lol

34 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

A movie starring a character from their least viewed show and their biggest bomb, a character from their second biggest bomb, and one from their second least viewed show sounds like a fabulous idea and something they should invest 250M in right now so that box office trackers can be amazed by the numbers being seen.

• Like 7
  • Haha 18

finished the killer, feel about it the same way I feel about every single fincher movie, pretty good, maybe even great, but it wont stick with me for long 

• Like 1