TMP

The Wolf Man | Universal | January 17, 2025

On 4/6/2024 at 9:45 AM, Joel M said:

really? I though this was a modern take on Wolfman like the Invisible Man remake. At least that's what they were saying when it started as a Gosling-Whanell vehicle. Did it change with all the talent switches?

I see nothing the in the 1941 verson that cannot easily transalate to a modern version.

Main thing is to keep Larry Talbot as much a victim as a  monster. I hope they use the classic poem form the 1941 classic:

Even a man who is pure at heart and says his prayers by night,
may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the moon is shining bright.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, SaltyPistola said:

Invisible Man, Wolf Man, Nosferatu, Wan's Black Lagoon.... The dark universe is so back baby. 

We got 2 Frankensteins on the way next year too. Granted it’s WB & Netflix instead of universal, but still loll

• Like 1

17 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

The release date is highly concerning. If the studio had any faith they wouldn't be releasing it in the dump month. 

The studio that released M3GAN in January and made it a huge hit with big marketing campaign? Dude. Less with nonsense. 

We've seen studios bet on January before and pay off big time because of its slower nature. Universal knows it. Studio execs are not that smart but even them know they can release any movie anywhere in the year if they have the movie and market it.

Obviously, since it is a slower month some Studios will take the opportunity to dump some of their movies that they have no confidence but the same goes for the other extreme.

Edited by justnumbers

6 hours ago, justnumbers said:

The studio that released M3GAN in January and made it a huge hit with big marketing campaign? Dude. Less with nonsense. 

We've seen studios bet on January before and pay off big time because of its slower nature. Universal knows it. Studio execs are not that smart but even them know they can release any movie anywhere in the year if they have the movie and market it.

Obviously, since it is a slower month some Studios will take the opportunity to dump some of their movies that they have no confidence but the same goes for the other extreme.

Megan made money because of its concept, but boy o boy was it a piece of pooh. 

I think as long as it gets positive reviews from critics, it'll be fine. I know critics don't rule the box office, but Leigh Whannell at his worst directed a middling, average Insidious film. I would worry more if critics themselves don't like the film and it ends up being received similarly to something like Night Swim.