Issac Newton

Aquaman &The Lost Kingdom | $294.6M OS | $412.7M WW

8 minutes ago, catlover said:

Wait, are these numbers until Sunday? Cause that's very low for Indonesia compared to tracking. Cinepoint tracking says $5.2M OW:

WB under-report Indonesia. If I remember correctly once WB report $1M for a title that has already mobilzed 1M admits per tracked data.

33 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Considering the production budget is I believe around $200M then I would say absolutely not but it will avoid being the biggest bomb of the year. 

I'm guessing that reported figure of $205M includes the 30% UK tax credit, but if by some miracle it doesn't, then this is going to be a lot less of a disaster than initially thought. The fact that they only spent a few hundred dollars on marketing helps too.

57 minutes ago, Giorno said:

$205m seems hard to believe considering the reshoots + covid delays and cameos, the first one cost 200m according to Deadline iirc 

There weren’t COVID delays with production just release delays, and cameos don’t exactly inflate budgets. Reshoots were just a couple days when added together according to Wan so it probably wasn’t that costly. 

2 hours ago, Giorno said:

$205m seems hard to believe considering the reshoots + covid delays and cameos, the first one cost 200m according to Deadline iirc 

They didnt have William Dafoe in this one, so cheaper plus James Wan can really stretch the dollar especially with what they alr innovated in the first film being reused.