kayumanggi

INSIDE OUT II | 958.1M overseas | 1596.0M worldwide

Just now, titanic2187 said:

Italy should be able to fend off China for its number 6 position. Somebody jinx China’s leg, it was all great until suddenly just collapse 70% and pretty much over. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Italy should be able to fend off China for its number 6 position. Somebody jinx China’s leg, it was all great until suddenly just collapse 70% and pretty much over. 

Let's hope 😔

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

That’s how China is, leggy movies always have massive screen losses when big new movies release

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

we won

I must clarify it. Inside Out 2 is actually the second highest-grossing animated film all-time, because 2019 The Lion King is essentially a animated film (specifically a photorealistic one) and still grossed $200M higher than Inside Out 2 ($1.66 billion). Disney marketed the film as "live-action" simply for marketing purposes to the  mainstream press, and in fact, only a single shot was real (even less live-action scene than Wall-E).

So, Inside Out 2 cannot officially become the highest-grossing animated film all-time until the film was released in Japan a week from now (August 1). I expected this film will perform better in Japan, and therefore boosting IO2 numbers to much higher than The Lion King 2019 eventually.

Edited by Han134
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Han134 said:

I must clarify it. Inside Out 2 is actually the second highest-grossing animated film all-time, because 2019 The Lion King is essentially a animated film (specifically a photorealistic one) and still grossed $200M higher than Inside Out 2 ($1.66 billion). Disney marketed the film as "live-action" simply for marketing purposes to the  mainstream press, and in fact, only a single shot was real (even less live-action scene than Wall-E).

So, Inside Out 2 cannot officially become the highest-grossing animated film all-time until the film was released in Japan a week from now (August 1). I expected this film will perform better in Japan, and therefore boosting IO2 numbers to much higher than The Lion King 2019 eventually.

I must clarify it. Inside out is actually the highest grossing animation film of all time, because TLK doesn’t count as animated for records

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Han134 said:

I think the industry is still unable to reach a consensus on this kind of movie. I’m sure it is an animated movie technically, even though it looks pretty real like live-action. But if the definition of animation is how big role that the tech and VFX artists have played during the production processes, films like Avatar franchise should also be seen as part of that. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

So Disney insists TLK 2019 is not animated. 

That's their narrative. They always stated The Lion King 2019 as "live-action" simply for marketing purposes. However we must take critical note regarding the claim. Whenever Disney chose to categorized The Lion King 2019 is live-action is their business, but we should tell actual truth of the 2019 film, which could not denied by anyone except by Disney and its movie fans themselves.

The Lion King 2019 is actually a photorealistic animated remake of the 1994 hand-drawn version. Here, no human live-action cast present, and the animals was voice entirely by their cast. Therefore, numerous awarding ceremonies in 2019 and 2020 recognize them as "animated feature", for example Golden Globes, Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards, People's Choice Awards, etc.

Back again to Inside Out 2, while for some it is not the highest-grossing animated film all time currently, it is extraordinary achivement for Pixar. Pixar until now never had its film reach more than $1.2 billion since Incredibles 2 in 2018. This achivement may be more noticeable when the film ends its theatrical distribution overseas with its release in Japan on August 1. From now, there might be disagreement within the animation and VFX community whether Inside Out 2 is the highest-grossing animated film all-time, but it will disappeared once we have clear indication regarding the film's performance in Japan, which often considered crucial market for family-friendly and animated films.

Edited by Han134
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Joyous Legion said:

I must clarify it. Inside out is actually the highest grossing animation film of all time, because TLK doesn’t count as animated for records

I must clarify that Inside Out II can stay on top until the Trilogy of Demon Slayer release 

After that Inside Out II need to step down for the way of future records

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

6 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

I think the industry is still unable to reach a consensus on this kind of movie. I’m sure it is an animated movie technically, even though it looks pretty real like live-action. But if the definition of animation is how big role that the tech and VFX artists have played during the production processes, films like Avatar franchise should also be seen as part of that. 

Clearly for me it's not a animated movie because it wouldn't be a remake but a reboot. If you see that , a lot of movie are animated movies .

PS : i hate this movie , i'm not objective 🤣

8 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Unlike TLK, people has clear consensus about avatar not being animated movie, since it involves real human doing real action to generate the so called animation. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Unlike TLK, people has clear consensus about avatar not being animated movie, since it involves real human doing real action to generate the so called animation. 

Well, animate characters like Anger, Fear, Joy, Anxiety... involves real human too, the cgi animators and designers, and that's real human action too.

So the difference between "animated or not" is how the character's movements are generated: 

- real person with a motion capture suit making moves in front of a green screen: Live Action.

- real person behind a screen using a software manipulating 3D objects: Animation.

I don't think that's a strong reason ro define what's animated and what's not.

Nevertheless, for me TLK and Avatar 2 (I haven't watched it but if there's no real human acting in front of the camera) are animation too. But that's just my opinion.

Maybe we should distinguish between "real life-like animation" and "toon animation". In the first group I would include TLK of Avatar 2 (where you can place a real person and should visually fit perfectly); while in the second group I would include what we have always considered animation (toon-like, where you place a real human and it's a total misfit).

As a toon animated, IO2 is the highest WW atm. 

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

it also has some scenes of real humans on camera.