charlie Jatinder

Weekday Numbers (3/25-28)

On 3/27/2024 at 9:22 AM, Minnale101 said:

Tough though with Godzilla vs kong 

5th weekend Batman only had to deal with morbius which did 39 million ow and dropped off cliff after 

Godzilla vs kong is far bigger competition and will take a lot of imax screens away from dune 2

Most of Dune 2's IMAX screens were already taken and none of the 70mm capable ones are being taken this week. And GxK isn't remotely a big enough opener for it to overshadow everything else.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Squire said:

I’d like to see it hit $700 million WW. 

Over the last 4 days Dune has gone from 70.3% of Batmans gross, to 70.5%, to 70.8%, to 71.06%.

Should be at 71.8% by Sunday with the exact same Batman drops. It's been dropping better overall. I'd say $285 mil is locked up. $290 mil is very likely. $295 mil has more than a 50/50 chance. $300 mil if it can get some IMAX back before Fall Guy?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

Over the last 4 days Dune has gone from 70.3% of Batmans gross, to 70.5%, to 70.8%, to 71.06%.

Should be at 71.8% by Sunday with the exact same Batman drops. It's been dropping better overall. I'd say $285 mil is locked up. $290 mil is very likely. $295 mil has more than a 50/50 chance. $300 mil if it can get some IMAX back before Fall Guy?

With those numbers $700m WW is very likely. Has a shot to $750m, may it be unlikely.

• Disbelief 1