BadOlCatSylvester

CinemaCon 2024 | 8th to 11th of April | Roundup and Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Sigh, a sci fi comedy? I'd rather have a more serious sci fi movie.

This is why I don't get the film moving the January. For significant periods of the book, it's basically a farce that's going to have at least one endlessly memeable scene. Even if the film's not coming in like they want, it's not going to be an uncommercial film. 

• Thanks 1

So I just caught up with Warner's showing, and I'm not going to lie, that was a lot lighter and non-eventful than I was expecting. The only major tidbit was, of course, the excellent Joker 2 trailer. Superman and Minecraft got tiny "we're working on it" nods, and the rest was exclusive footage we won't see anyway. I feel pretty underwhelmed. If this sets the stage for the rest of the panels, then we have a pretty lukewarm week ahead of us. At least I know better than to expect any major Sonic 3 news now.

9 hours ago, AniNate said:

So are those crunchyroll releases supposed to be wide daily 2+ week things or are they just more fathom event type deals?

Crunchyroll do full wide releases generally. Anime, especially series adaptations have been exploding the last few years. Original movies outside of Ghibli are growing too, but not at the same level yet. 

7 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

If Mickey 17 is there I definitely think it's possible Marvel brings Cap 4 with Deadpool. It's not like it can go next year.

Disney has both D23 and possibly Comic-Con to contend with, so I wouldn't count on anything beyond a panel-exclusive clip for Deadpool 3. Minecraft will also be out before next year's CinemaCon, and yet Warner still decided not to show anything from it at all beyond a quick "we're working on it" mention.

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Disney has both D23 and possibly Comic-Con to contend with, so I wouldn't count on anything beyond a panel-exclusive clip for Deadpool 3. Minecraft will also be out before next year's CinemaCon, and yet Warner still decided not to show anything from it at all beyond a quick "we're working on it" mention.

Well they barely shot Minecraft if anything, vs Cap 4 where they absolutely would have enough footage to show. But it does seem like Deadpool is the safe bet

10 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

So I just caught up with Warner's showing, and I'm not going to lie, that was a lot lighter and non-eventful than I was expecting. The only major tidbit was, of course, the excellent Joker 2 trailer. Superman and Minecraft got tiny "we're working on it" nods, and the rest was exclusive footage we won't see anyway. I feel pretty underwhelmed. If this sets the stage for the rest of the panels, then we have a pretty lukewarm week ahead of us. At least I know better than to expect any major Sonic 3 news now.

This has always been an event more to show off what studios have that's upcoming instead of making major announcements, and this year's slate for all studios is lighter than usual due to the strikes. Universal's presentation later on will also be on the quick side cause once Abigail and The Fall Guy are out over these next few weeks, they'll only have 5 (Despicable Me 4, Twisters, Speak No Evil, The Wild Robot, Wicked) releases for the rest of the year.

The Mickey 17 trailer would've been news worthy but they didn't release that online

The presentations rarely live up to the expectations of online buzz, they're not aimed at us. They're not really aimed at anyone who follows the trades on a daily basis tbh.

Edited by AniNate

I kinda doubt that David movie meets that date if they're still crowdfunding it, lmao

Definitely not gonna be something that'll compete with Zootopia for mainstream interest if they've only got a year+ max to work on it

So Lionsgate just started their panel, and while it is still ongoing, so far they have announced that Margot Robbie has signed onto their long in gestation Monopoly movie and they're partnering with Blumhouse on a Blair Witch reboot. There are also more details on Guy Ritchie's next film, Henry Cavill's Highlander reboot and the usual exclusive previews of impending movies. You can eventually read about them all here:

https://discussingfilm.net/2024/04/10/cinemacon-2024-every-new-lionsgate-announcement-exclusive-footage-descriptions/

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I kinda doubt that David movie meets that date if they're still crowdfunding it, lmao

Definitely not gonna be something that'll compete with Zootopia for mainstream interest if they've only got a year+ max to work on it

Im Simply Here To Wish You The Best Of Luck Catherine Ohara GIF - Im Simply Here To Wish You The Best Of Luck Catherine Ohara Moira GIFs

• Haha 6