BadOlCatSylvester

CinemaCon 2024 | 8th to 11th of April | Roundup and Discussion Thread

I would say D23 is more analogous to SDCC than Cinemacon. THAT convention has definitely upped its status in the last few years and the general audience can attend it (if they're rich and quick enough).

• Like 1

They've been good at balancing SDCC and D23 more recently. But yeah Cinemacon isn't as much huge breaking news other than trailers (with some exceptions like Homecoming being announced, I think Affleck directing Batman initially was announced there)

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

Since footage from it was apparently leaked last week I imagine the biggest thing Disney will be releasing is the first trailer and probably full cast announcement for Mufasa: The Lion King. Which checks out since the teaser would be a fitting attachment with Planet of the Apes in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Since footage from it was apparently leaked last week I imagine the biggest thing Disney will be releasing is the first trailer and probably full cast announcement for Mufasa: The Lion King. Which checks out since the teaser would be a fitting attachment with Planet of the Apes in a few weeks.

Yeah very possible. Or Moana 2, but I feel like it will get it's first teaser in front of Inside Out 2, so Mufasa seems more likely.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

It wasn't leaked, it was part of Disneys Shareholder thing.

I heard a rumor of who might voice Shadow and they might be announced on Thursday.

I won't say the source is questionable because they have been right, but they're the only one saying it, buuuut it would kind of tie in with some re releases happening. We shall see!

I know that's a large cocktease about information but I want to wait and see if they're right.

Also apparently Universal has two panels! How about that.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I heard a rumor of who might voice Shadow and they might be announced on Thursday.

I won't say the source is questionable because they have been right, but they're the only one saying it, buuuut it would kind of tie in with some re releases happening. We shall see!

I know that's a large cocktease about information but I want to wait and see if they're right.

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase be Timothee, I'm begging you 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase be Timothee, I'm begging you 

*sees reaction given by @Morieris*

*Googles to see who rumored frontrunner is right now*

*laughs and laughs and laughs and laughs*

*pauses*

*laughs some more for good measure*

2 hours ago, Morieris said:

Glad to see The Wild Robot is being acknowledged. There may be something for it at the universal panel.

3 hours ago, Morieris said:

Where did you hear this rumour, may I ask? I just did a quick cursory search and couldn't find anything new.