AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | New attraction announced at DCA

2 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Still looking good.

Also if Coco winds up getting excellent review, some of you guys are going to look really, really silly with these "doom and gloom bomb" predictions.

No matter, they'll just move onto trashing Incredibles and Toy Story.

Negativity is de rigueur for Pixar films on this forum now. I think this looks lovely too, but it's no fun to talk about anymore.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

No matter, they'll just move onto trashing Incredibles and Toy Story.

Negativity is de rigueur for Pixar films on this forum now. I think this looks lovely too, but it's no fun to talk about anymore.

Yup, and if that doesn't work then they'll move onto the next original Pixar film, claiming it will flop. The cycle repeats itself. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

57 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Yup, and if that doesn't work then they'll move onto the next original Pixar film, claiming it will flop. The cycle repeats itself. 

Never remembered people talking about Inside Out flopping or even TGD.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I'd rather not dig the threads up but I know they and Finding Dory's were a pain to read much of the time until reviews started coming in (and after, in TGD's case)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Plenty of people were saying Inside Out looked underwhelming after the first teaser was released. I remember it. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

It's silly to talk about Pixar hate on the forums...I mean just lmao.

Talk about the Illumination hate that exists... This forum is pro-Disney/pro-Pixar most of the times.

I have noticed some rivalry between Pixar fans and Walt Disney animation fans. For me at the moment and even though Frozen is crap:

Walt Disney animation >>>> Pixar.  Incredibles 2 should own next year though. 

2 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

It's silly to talk about Pixar hate on the forums...I mean just lmao.

Talk about the Illumination hate that exists... This forum is pro-Disney/pro-Pixar most of the times.

Oh, I fully acknowledge the existence of Illumination hate, but it's off topic for this thread.

And it's one thing to use the studios as nebulous counter examples of how to make good animated films, but when it comes to individual upcoming ones the general vibe is usually to assume the worst.

1 hour ago, tribefan695 said:

Oh, I fully acknowledge the existence of Illumination hate, but it's off topic for this thread.

And it's one thing to use the studios as nebulous counter examples of how to make good animated films, but when it comes to individual upcoming ones the general vibe is usually to assume the worst.

You said that there is Pixar hate in the forums which is something I haven't noticed at all (more like the opposite), so I gave you an example of true hate against a studio in this forum.

And when I am talking about Illumination haters you are high on the list, together with some other members that most of us know.

Whenever anyone posts something about a feat of an Illumination film, you will have people immidiately spreading sheer negativity. It is like a defect to like Illumination's films here. In most members' mind's it equals to bad taste. 

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 2